Sehwag to set up sports academy in Haryana villageOctober 21st, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 21 (IANS) Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag will set up an integrated sports academy and a school at Silani Kesho village in the northern state of Haryana. “The Haryana cabinet, which met here Tuesday, under the chairmanship of chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda approved the proposal of the panchayat (village body) to lease its shamilat land (common land) to the Shri Krishna Drishti Educational Society, being headed by Sehwag to set up the project,” said the spokesperson of Haryana government here Tuesday.
The proposed land, measuring over 23 acre, will be given at a subsidised rate of Rs.3,00,000 per year; however, there is a provision of five per cent annual increase, stated the spokesperson.
The spokesperson also added that the project will be divided into two phases. In the first phase, the proposed integrated sports academy will have a cricket academy for 400 candidates, a football academy for 250 candidates, a school for 800 students and a hostel facility for 400 students.
In the second phase, the cricket and football academies and school as well as hostel facilities would be expanded and a swimming academy would also be set up.
Five per cent of the seats with full tuition fee concession would be reserved for the inhabitants of the village or from the surrounding areas.
According to the proposal, the period of lease shall not exceed more than 33 years at the first instance whereas it can be further renewed for another 33 years.
- Jamia to build hostel for Kashmiri students - Feb 09, 2012
- Haryana gives 300 acres land for AIIMS-like institute - Dec 30, 2010
- Congress hits back on Gurgaon land issue (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Work on international stadium at Lucknow gains momentum - Aug 25, 2012
- Gurgaon villagers move court for return of land - Aug 02, 2011
- Churchill Brothers' ground lease to be cancelled - Aug 07, 2012
- Cabinet approves defence land transfer to central school - Jun 16, 2011
- Saba Karim opens cricket academy - Jul 06, 2012
- Bhaichung's football academy to come up in North Bengal - Nov 23, 2011
- Barcelona builds football school in Indonesia - Mar 22, 2012
- Tata Steel to pay Rs.27 crore to villagers - Mar 21, 2012
- Nod to Yamuna Action Plan's third phase for Delhi - Dec 01, 2011
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Free hostel for physically challenged in Haryana - Jan 14, 2012
- Rural Kashmir has given thumbs up to education - Oct 19, 2010