Sehwag misses triple ton, departs at 293December 4th, 2009 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Dec 4 (ANI): Indian Test opener Virender Sehwag bashed a brilliant 293 before being out on the third day’s play today against Sri Lanka in the Mumbai Test. Sehwag fell seven runs short of becoming the first cricketer to score three triple hundreds.
Sri Lankan spinner Mutthiah Muralitharan claimed the prize wicket of Sehwag.
Sehwag became the third fastest Indian to score 6,000 Test runs after Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar, during his knock on yesterday, the second day of the third and final match against Sri Lanka.
Sehwag has also become the highest double century maker for India having a total of six such innings to his name, one more than Dravid. Tendulkar and Gavaskar have scored four double centuries each.
Replying to Sri Lanka’s first innings total of 393, the Indians made 443 for one at the end of the second day’s play yesterday, with Sehwag setting the Brabourne stadium on fire scoring 40 boundaries and seven sixes during his devastating knock.
With three days left, the Indians will now look for a huge first innings total and put the opponents under pressure in the second innings. (ANI)
- Sewhag, Dravid depart early as India take 143 runs lead (Lunch Report) - Dec 04, 2009
- India lose quick wickets but gain 236-run lead (Tea Report) - Dec 04, 2009
- Dhoni leads charge as India take 322 runs lead (Roundup) - Dec 04, 2009
- Sehwag rewrite record books at historic Brabourne (Statistical highlights) - Dec 03, 2009
- Sewhag puts India in driver's seat against Sri Lanka (Round-up) - Dec 03, 2009
- Tea scoreboard: India vs Sri Lanka, day three, third Test - Dec 04, 2009
- India Takes Lead In Third Test At Mumbai - Dec 04, 2009
- India pile up 443/1 against Sri Lanka - Dec 03, 2009
- Sri Lanka trail India by 322 runs - Dec 04, 2009
- Openers lead India's charge against Sri Lanka (Lunch Report) - Dec 03, 2009
- Sehwag's hurricane century crushes Sri Lanka (Tea Report) - Dec 03, 2009
- Sehwag smashes 22nd Test ton, Dravid 30th (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 04, 2010
- India declare at 726/9, lead Sri Lanka by 333 - Dec 04, 2009
- India make 536/3 against Sri Lanka - Dec 04, 2009
- India make 629/7 against Sri Lanka - Dec 04, 2009
Tags: boundaries, cricketer, double centuries, double century, dravid tendulkar, final match, gavaskar, India, indian test, indians, muralitharan, opponents, play today, seven runs, sixes, spinner, sri lanka, sri lankan, third day, wicket