Security preparations for Euro 2012 in final phase: Polish officialDecember 7th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw (Poland), Dec 7 (IANS) Preparations for ensuring security during the Euro 2012 football championship, co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine, are in the final phase, Poland’s deputy Interior Minister Adam Rapacki has said.
“Both Poland’s Internal Security Agency’s Antiterrorist Centre and its Ukrainian counterpart are closely cooperating in exchanging information about potential threats,” Xinhua Tuesday quoted Rapacki as saying.
Rapacki took part in a two-day meeting of the Polish-Ukrainian inter-governmental working group dealing with safety during Euro 2012.
Four Polish border crossing points with Ukraine will be equipped with special lanes for fast clearance of fans. Consular services are planned to be increased for Russian fans ahead of a Poland-Russia match June 12.
The 16-nation championships, slated for June 8-July 1 will take place in the Polish cities of Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan and the Ukrainian cities of Kiev, Lvov, Donetsk and Kharkov.
- Tango 12 named official ball of Euro 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Ready for Euro 2012: Polish PM - Mar 23, 2012
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- Warsaw takes training to help blind fans at Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Ukraine denies racism threat during Euro 2012 - Jun 01, 2012
- Ban on smoking and tobacco ads at Euro 2012 - Oct 21, 2011
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Handbook ready for football fans ahead of Euro 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Blind Ukrainians to enjoy soccer with headphones - Apr 04, 2012
- Shortage of public toilets for Euro 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Poland opens Police Command Center for Euro 2012 - Feb 29, 2012
- Blind fans to enjoy Euro 2012 - Apr 04, 2012
- Polish competition watchdog sues UEFA over Euro 2012 tickets - Mar 20, 2012
- Poland claims it is well prepared for Euro 2012 - May 09, 2012
Tags: adam rapacki, consular services, deputy interior minister, donetsk, euro 2012, final phase, football championship, gdansk, internal security, kharkov, lvov, polish border, polish cities, russian fans, security agency, security preparations, ukrainian cities, warsaw poland, wroclaw, xinhua