Second division I-League clubs unhappy over venue changeApril 9th, 2009 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Second division I-League clubs have expressed their unhappiness over the sudden change of venue by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) in the middle of the final leg of the league.
The fourth and the fifth round of the second division I-League have been shifted to Amity School from the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Gurgaon.
AIFF took the decision to accommodate a first division I-League match between Air India-Sporting Clube de Goa at the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex, April 16. Two final round matches in the first division I-league have been shifted to Delhi for general elections. The Ambedkar Stadium here will host Mohun Bagan’s last round match with Mahindra United.
“The AIFF took the decision without consulting us. Changing the venue in the middle of the tournament will create problems for all the teams. It seems that the AIFF has taken the second division I-League team for granted,” B.K. Bhowmick, team manager of ONGC told IANS Thursday.
Salgaocar coach Stanley Rozario said that the decision in the middle of the tournament was unwarranted.
“I suddenly got to know from my team manager that we will be playing the fourth and the fifth round of matches at a different venue. Changing the venue at a this crucial juncture will pose problems for all teams. Also we haven’t seen the ground,” he said.
Pune FC’s spokesperson Chirag Tanna said: “At this point we have no other option but accept the move.”
- Mohun Bagan appoints Bhowmick as technical director - Dec 14, 2010
- Late strike by Henry helps Mumbai FC draw with AIFF XI - Jan 15, 2011
- AIFF allows I-League clubs to register four overseas players - Jul 14, 2011
- I-League: Churchill Brothers face Prayag United - Mar 31, 2012
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- AIFF planning to expand I-League to 16 teams - May 30, 2010
- I-League: Churchill look to close gap on Dempo - Apr 10, 2012
- AIFF at loggerheads with I-League clubs - Feb 21, 2012
- AIFF XI beat Air India for their maiden I-League win - Dec 22, 2010
- Churchill hope to continue impressive run against Chirag Kerala - Apr 03, 2012
- I-League clubs refuse to release players for Caribbean, UK trip - Aug 09, 2011
- I-League clubs skip last meeting of ad-hoc committee - May 04, 2012
- AIFF XI beat HAL 2-1 to end year on happy note - Dec 30, 2010
- AIFF to discuss proposed new I-League format with clubs - Feb 20, 2012
- Chirag United held by Indian Arrows in I-League - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: aiff, air india, amity school, bhowmick, change of venue, chirag, football federation, general elections, goa, juncture, lal, league clubs, mahindra united, New Delhi, rozario, spokesperson, sporting clube, sudden change, tanna, unhappiness