SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For AuburnNovember 14th, 2010 - 8:09 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The SEC Championship Game 2010 took a very interesting turn and left the sports fanatics rather entertained. In the last game, the Auburn Tigers won over Georgia Bulldogs with a score of 49-31. This would lift Auburn to play against South Carolina Game Cocks for the championship.
Cam Newton, who is going through a legal turmoil, did not let his legal problems effect his performance in the match. He made two touchdowns, and scored two himself in order to give his team a lead. Coach Gene Chizik said that he is too proud of Cam Newton, for the way he played the game despite his personal problems. According to the Auburn coach, Cam Newton is a gifted player and extremely talented, who means a lot to the team. However, the player himself refused to entertain the media after his performance. The match between the two team on Saturday was a back and forth affair, where Auburn was having a deficit of 21-7 in the former part of the game. However, they tied it up by halftime, to give it a new turn by the third quarter of the match, by recovering the ball and scoring the touch downs. Georgia (5-6, 3-5) was trailing behind A.J. Green’s nine-catch, with a 164-yard run, to tie the game. However, Auburn soon surpassed the game with Onterio McCalebb’s 4-yard touchdown run, to be charged up with Cam Newton’s second scoring pass.
Right now Auburn ranks 2 in the series, while South Carolina ranks 23. South Carolina defeated Florida with a score of 36-14 on Saturday. They will face each other on December 4, for the SEC championship game. Before that Auburn will face Alabama on Nov 26. If Auburn wins both the game, then it would qualify for the national title to be held on January 10, next year.
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Cameron Newton Takes Over South Carolina To Give Auburn Tigers The SEC Championship - Dec 05, 2010
- National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn Tigers - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- Cam Newton's NCAA Investigation Still Continues - Nov 11, 2010
- Virginia Tech Football Team Defeats Georgia Tech - Nov 05, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- South Carolina Beats Alabama By 35-21 - Oct 10, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson Tides - Nov 19, 2010
- FBI Questions Milton McGregor In Cam Newton Case - Nov 18, 2010
- Mark lngram's Game Helps Alabama Win Against Florida - Dec 06, 2009
- Humanitarian Bowl Ends In Favour Of Northern Illinois Huskies - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: auburn coach, auburn tigers, cam newton, carolina game, coach gene, downs georgia, game cocks, gene chizik, georgia bulldogs, gifted player, j green, last game, legal turmoil, meena, onterio, personal problems, sec championship game, sports fanatics, touch downs, yard touchdown