Seattle Seahawks Permitted To Talk Of Deal To Vincent JacksonAugust 21st, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Aug 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) If things go right, then Seattle Seahawks and San Diego Chargers might enter into another trade this season in near future. A spokesman for the Seattle Seahawks has confirmed that the team has acquired the permission of the San Diego Chargers to proceed with a deal talk with wide receiver Vincent Jackson who is at present a restricted free agent with the latter. However, no deal as of yet has been finalized and only talks are being held between the representatives of Vincent Jackson and the Seattle Seahawks management.
The San Diego Chargers had initially tendered a one-year restricted free agent contract to the 27-year-old Vincent Jackson which offered around $3 million. However, as he did not sign the contract by June 15, the San Diego Chargers offered him $500,000. The player is making his dissatisfaction with the team apparent by not reporting to the training camp of the San Diego Chargers. Media sources report that the player is looking forward to a multi-year contract worth around US$9 million per year. The San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Sea Hawks, who have worked out a deal in April this year will probably have to work out another trade to get Vincent Jackson a satisfactory contract. In April quarterback Charlie Whitehurst was traded to Seattle Seahawks for a draft pick.
Although the news of the talk was confirmed to media sources by the spokesman of the Seattle Seahawks, the team coach and general manager did not return messages of media sources. Vincent Jackson’s agents Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod also avoided the media sources and did not return messages sent by media sources on Friday night.
- Vincent Jackson's Agent Says Deal Is In Place But Not Trade - Sep 23, 2010
- Seattle Seahawks Crushes St.Louis Rams To Win NFC West Division Title - Jan 03, 2011
- Indianapolis Colts Loses To San Diego Chargers - Nov 29, 2010
- Vincent Jackson Returns Only To Go Back - Nov 29, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Trade Veteran Receiver Patrick Crayton To San Diego Chargers - Sep 04, 2010
- Miguel Tejada Hired By San Francisco Giants For A $6.5 Million Deal - Dec 02, 2010
- NFL fines could break Kenny Phillips back - Oct 18, 2011
- Football Coach Don Coryell Passes Away At 85 - Jul 02, 2010
- Philip Rivers Agrees To A $92 Million Contract Extension With The Chargers - Aug 25, 2009
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Vincent Jackson Plays In The Position Of Decoy - Nov 16, 2009
- Pete Carroll Quits USC, Heading Towards Seattle - Jan 11, 2010
- Seneca Wallace Traded To Cleveland Browns - Mar 09, 2010
- Former Defesive Tackle Norman Hand Dead At 37 - May 15, 2010
- NFL Power Rankings At Week 11 Keeps Atlanta On Top - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: charlie whitehurst, contract worth, dey, dissatisfaction, free agent contract, friday night, hawks, jonathan, madhuri, media sources, san diego chargers, satisfactory contract, seattle sea hawks, seattle seahawks, sources report, spokesman, team coach, training camp, vincent jackson, wide receiver