Sealed stands released for IPL qualifier and finalMay 24th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 24 (IANS) The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) heaved a sigh of relief after the Madras High Court Thursday upheld their plea to permit them to open the G, H and I stands to public ahead of the two remaining games of the Indian Premier League, including Sunday’s final.
The three newly-constructed stands with an estimated capacity of 12,500 were sealed by the municipal authorities in August last year for violation of “development control rules”.
The empty stands on the western side made for a poor backdrop and there was even a rumour that the concluding two games of the IPL would be shifted to another venue.
A TNCA press release here Thursday said: “The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association is pleased to inform the public that the G, H and I stands will be opened to public for the Qualifier Match II Friday and Final Sunday.
“The tickets for the three stands have been priced at Rs.500 and Rs.750 for the lower and upper tiers, respectively.”
The tickets will go on sale Friday morning for both the matches, the release added.
- 'Yellow fever' grips Chennai - May 28, 2012
- Buchi Babu Cricket: TNCA, Hyderabad post wins - Aug 21, 2011
- Ticket sales start for India's first F1 race - Aug 20, 2011
- Poor ticket sales for Eden Test - Nov 12, 2011
- ICC to sell blocked tickets through ballot - Feb 26, 2011
- Few takers for Australia-South Africa warm-up match - Feb 14, 2011
- F1 fans now have option of buying only race-day ticket - Oct 19, 2011
- More tickets for India-England match to be sold online - Feb 26, 2011
- World Cup back at the Eden, but minus the fans - Mar 14, 2011
- No takers for England-Ireland match - Mar 02, 2011
- Supreme Court stays order on Sterlite plant closure (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Everyone wants slice of Mohali pie, eight blackmarketeers held - Mar 28, 2011
- There could be a good turnout for England-Ireland match - Mar 01, 2011
- New Zealand sends squad for Buchi Babu tourney again - Aug 14, 2009
- Maoists finally free a fatigued Menon (Roundup) - May 03, 2012
Tags: backdrop, chennai, empty stands, friday morning, ipl, madras high court, match, may 24, municipal authorities, plea, premier league, remaining games, rs 500, rumour, sigh of relief, tamil nadu cricket association, tnca, two games, upper tiers, venue