Scolaris job on the line after bust-up with AnelkaJanuary 13th, 2009 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.13 (ANI): Chelsea coach Phil Scolaris job is on the line after an astonishing bust-up with French footballer Nicolas Anelka. The Blues board were stunned by Chelseas shocking display in Sundays 3-0 defeat at Manchester United which left them four points behind leaders Liverpool.
According to The Sun, the two rowed at training with Scolari telling Anelka he would start at Old Trafford only if he agreed to play on the left.
But the sulky Frenchman, the Premier Leagues 14-goal top scorer, refused and demanded to be used down the middle.
A Chelsea insider confirmed: Nothing is going right at the moment and there are suddenly a lot of questions being asked about Mr. Scolaris management style.
In the past, the Chelsea board had been hugely supportive of Scolari, but now is losing faith. Chelsea players think Scolaris training regime is not intensive enough. (ANI)
- Manchester United to sign Anelka if talks with Chelsea collapse - May 08, 2010
- French football chiefs 'cutting my head off', says angry Evra - Sep 22, 2010
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Mancini furious over growing Man City's injured list - Sep 26, 2010
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- Scolari axes Drogba for match against Southend United - Jan 14, 2009
- Drogba fears for his future at Chelsea - Jan 17, 2009
- Man U legend Scholes not a 'fair' player, says Wenger - Aug 21, 2010
- Mancini bursts out at Balotelli at training - Mar 29, 2012
- French players responsible for team's disaster in World Cup: Malouda - Jun 23, 2010
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Chelsea aims to finally win Champions League this season: Anelka - Aug 07, 2010
- Manchester City sets its sight on Chelseas Drogba - Jan 22, 2009
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Newcastle ace Barton gives his version of infamous bust-up with Dabo - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: bust, coach phil, footballer, four points, frenchman, insider, job, liverpool, london jan, losing faith, management style, manchester united, nicolas anelka, old trafford, regime, scolaris, sun, top scorer