Scolari puts entire Chelsea squad on saleJanuary 17th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 17 (ANI): Luiz Felipe Scolari, the manager of the English Premier League side Chelsea, has put his entire squad up for sale and wants to exchange four of them for Manchester Citys striker Robinho.
I can reveal Scolari is trying to get the Brazilian to Chelsea after missing out in August. And the struggling Blues boss even invited clubs to make an offer for any of his players, The Sun quoted sources, as saying.
I know many managers and assistants are calling the players saying this or that. Now is the time for all of my players call and buy, Scolari said.
He is offering 15million pounds plus four players, Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and a centre-back, for Robinho.
His chances of success seem non-existent, with City relying heavily on Robinho to persuade his Brazilian teammate Kaka to join them from AC Milan, but Scolari believes there is a chance Kaka may turn down Citys offer, leaving Robinho unsettled.
Every day I look in the papers about contact for players. OK. Pay what the club wants and go. If you dont go, stay here. But stay because this job is very good and because you love the club. Finish. If not, for any player I have youngsters. If I lost 3-0 or 5-0 its the same, Scolari said.
Robinho knows of Chelseas interest, but has started to feel an affinity with City where he has a strong rapport with the fans. However, he also has a big affection for Scolari.
The paper revealed on Thursday that Kaka has insisted if he does join City, Robinho must never be sold while he is there. That is because Kaka also knows of Chelseas continuing pursuit of the striker.
Scolari was furious when Chelsea lost out to City in the 32.5million pounds battle for Robinhos services on the very last day of the transfer window.
He has vowed ever since that if he could find a way of getting Robinho out of City he would. (ANI)
- Drogba fears for his future at Chelsea - Jan 17, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Malouda backs 'champions' Chelsea to thrash Manchester City and Arsenal - Sep 21, 2010
- Hiddink warns Chelsea stars to play for their future - May 05, 2009
- Ronaldinho in Brazil squad, Kaka out - Feb 15, 2012
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Chelsea boss Ancelotti says Sturridge's twin-goals saved him from 'running naked' - Jan 04, 2010
- Man City, Chelsea eye Seville striker Fabiano - Feb 17, 2010
- French players responsible for team's disaster in World Cup: Malouda - Jun 23, 2010
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Chelsea will win FA Cup: Ancelotti - Feb 13, 2010
Tags: ac milan, affection, affinity, boss, citys, english premier league, florent malouda, job, kaka, london jan, luiz felipe, nicolas anelka, non existent, robinho, salomon kalou, striker, struggling blues, sun, teammate, youngsters