Schweinsteiger to be out of action due to ligament tearFebruary 10th, 2012 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Feb 10 (IANS) German international and Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will be out of action for an indefinite period due to a torn ligament.
Schweinsteiger suffered the injury with only 17 minutes into the match after a tackle at the German Cup quarterfinals against Stuttgart Wednesday.
After magnetic resonance imaging, club doctor Hans Wilhelm Mueller Wohlfahrt diagnosed a rupture of the lateral ligament in his right ankle, Xinhua reports.
“A forecast when Bastian can train and play will be announced at later date,” the club doctor Wohlfahrt said Thursday. The 28-year-old Bayern midfielder is wearing a plaster for at least one week.
Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes said: “That is a pity for him and for us as a team anyway. He is a very important player.”
- Bayern Munich, Hannover triumph in Bundesliga - Sep 03, 2012
- Bayern to miss Robben, Kroos in Champions League clash at City - Dec 07, 2011
- Bayern are here for serious business, says coach Jupp Heynckes - Jan 09, 2012
- Bayern Munich beat Valencia 2-1 at Champions League - Sep 20, 2012
- Excited to be back in India: Thomas Mueller - Dec 19, 2011
- Monchengladbach shocks leaders Bayern Munich in Bundesliga - Jan 21, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Ballack's newest pain - being a spectator - Jul 05, 2010
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Indian footballers excited to play against Bayern Munich - Dec 22, 2011
- Injured Germany captain Ballack to miss World Cup - May 17, 2010
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Schweinsteiger may miss Euro semifinal - Jun 24, 2012
- Bayern Munich reduces Dortmund's lead - Apr 01, 2012
- Bhutia dazzles in his testimonial against the mighty Bayern (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: bastian schweinsteiger, bayern munich, berlin, coach, german cup, indefinite period, jupp heynckes, lateral ligament, ligament tear, magnetic resonance imaging, match, midfielder, plaster, quarterfinals, stuttgart, torn ligament, wilhelm mueller, wohlfahrt, xinhua