Schumacher admits his car is too slow to win Bahrain grand prixFebruary 27th, 2010 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 27 (ANI): Seven times Formula One champion Michael Schumacher has admitted that his car is too slow to win the first grand prix of the season in Bahrain.
The Mercedes GP star ended pre-season testing in just over a second behind Williams rookie Nico Hulkenberg, who was the quickest.
Schumacher said: “We’re not perfectly in the position we would like to be, probably to be competing to win the first races straight away.”
The seven-time world champion believes Mercedes GP’s objective will be to compete with the top teams.
“It is very difficult to judge what the real picture is right now,” The Sun quoted Schumacher, as saying.
Hulkenberg set the pace in Barcelona with a best lap of 1min 20.614secs.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was two-hundreths of a second behind in good conditions at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Pedro De la Rosa of Sauber was just over three-tenths back in third, ahead of Tonio Liuzzi of Force India and Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel.
McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a place behind Schumacher in eighth. (ANI)
- Formula 1: Good outing for Force India - Feb 27, 2010
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012
- Hamilton raring to launch his F1 title bid - Feb 27, 2010
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Rosberg wins maiden F1 race in China, Force India draw blank - Apr 15, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Maldonado tops second practice at wet Hockenheim - Jul 20, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Hamilton takes pole, Force India out of top ten - May 12, 2012
Tags: bahrain grand prix, champion michael schumacher, fernando alonso, ferrari, force india, formula one, hundreths, lewis hamilton, london feb, mclaren driver, mercedes, nico hulkenberg, pedro de la rosa, red bull, sauber, sebastian vettel, seven times, tenths, time world champion, tonio liuzzi