Santos rejects Sao Paulo bid for Ganso

August 22nd, 2012 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS  

Rio de Janeiro, Aug 22 (IANS) Santos confirmed it had rejected a five-million-dollar offer from Sao Paulo for Brazil international midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.

Santos said in a statement on its Twitter account Tuesday that it had received an offer via email for the club’s 45 percent stake in Ganso’s economic rights, reports Xinhua.

“The offer was a long way from anything that could interest Santos,” the statement said.

The remaining 55 percent of Ganso’s rights are owned by investment fund DIS.

Ganso expressed his wish to leave the club in June after negotiations broke down over an improved contract.

Despite publicly retracting the decision earlier this month, it is understood both parties are seeking to part ways.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe