Sania-Monica go down in quarterfinals at CincinnatiAugust 14th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Cincinnati, Aug 14 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza and Monica Niculescu of Romania went down in the doubles quarterfinals of the $2,000,000 Western and Southern Financial Group Women’s Open tennis.
Sania and Niculescu lost 2-6, 5-7 to Victoria Azarenka of Belarus and Maria Kirikenko of Russia here Friday. The Indo-Romanian pair had stunned Wimbledon champions Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan in the second round.
Azarenka and Kirilenko now face second seeds Gisela Dulko of Argentina and Flavia Pennetta of Italy in the semifinals.
- Sania-Monica stun Wimbledon doubles champions - Aug 12, 2010
- French Open: Sania-Elena in semis, Bopanna-Qureshi quarters (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Australian Open: Top seed Serena Williams to face Radwanska - Jan 15, 2010
- Sania-Shvedova win Citi Open doubles title - Aug 01, 2011
- Sania first Indian to reach women's doubles Grand Slam final - Jun 02, 2011
- We hold the edge in the final: Sania (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Dulko-Pennetta win Australian Open women's doubles title - Jan 28, 2011
- Pennetta crashes out at Wimbledon - Jun 25, 2012
- Australian Open: Sania out of doubles too - Jan 19, 2011
- Radwanska advances at Wimbledon, Penetta knocked out (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- American duo Huber-Raymond wins US Open women's doubles - Sep 12, 2011
- French Open: Sania enters doubles quarters, Bhupathi exits - May 30, 2011
- Azarenka digs deep to beat Begu at Olympics - Jul 30, 2012
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams crashes out, Djokovic advances (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- US Open: Radwanska, Kerber, Venus ease into second round (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,