Sania jumps 12 places to 75 in tennis rankingsFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) Sania Mirza leafrogged 12 places to be at 75th position in Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) charts while Somdev Devvarman climbed four rungs to be at 150th in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings Monday.
Sania has made a stupendous comeback after being sidelined by a wrist injury much of last year, first winning the Australian Open mixed doubles title with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi and then reaching the Pattaya Open final.
Somdev, who reached the Chennai Open final last month, will be respresenting the country in Davis Cup in Chinese Taipei from March 6.
India’s No.2 Prakash Amritraj, meanwhile, is constant at 198.
In the men’s doubles, Leader Paes remains at seventh position while Mahesh Bhupathi has dropped a place to sixth. Rohan Bopanna has jumped three places to be at 75th position.
- Somdev, Sania unchanged in rankings - Oct 24, 2011
- Somdev, Sania climb in rankings - Aug 15, 2011
- Sania reaches career best doubles ranking - Jun 06, 2011
- Somdev touches career-high ranking of 68 - May 09, 2011
- Somdev rises to career best ranking of 104 - Jun 07, 2010
- Somdev reaches career high ranking of 66 - May 16, 2011
- Bopanna touches career high doubles ranking - Nov 01, 2010
- Sania, Somdev get wild card; 7 Indians for Olympic tennis (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Somdev gains five places to 79 - Oct 31, 2011
- Sania makes rapid strides on WTA charts - Sep 20, 2010
- Bopanna gains a place in doubles rankings, Bhupathi drops one - Jul 23, 2012
- Somdev out of top-100 ranking - Aug 09, 2010
- Somdev reaches career best 73 in singles - Mar 21, 2011
- Somdev reaches career-high ranking of 80 - Feb 07, 2011
- Bopanna drops out of top-10 doubles ranking - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: association of tennis professionals, atp rankings, australian open, australian open mixed doubles, chinese taipei, compatriot, davis cup, India, mahesh bhupathi, New Delhi, paes, prakash amritraj, rohan bopanna, rungs, sania mirza, tennis association, tennis rankings, wrist injury, wta