San Francisco Giants beat the Rangers to win the World SeriesNovember 2nd, 2010 - 1:42 pm ICT by BNO News
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) — The San Francisco Giants, whose fans adopted the word ‘torture’ as their slogan, won the World Series on Monday, their first win since 1954.
The Giants ended with 3-1 in Monday’s game, beating the Rangers. Edgar Renteria, who hit a three-run homer off Cliff Lee during the game, received the World Series Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award for his performance.
Lee - who used to be called ‘unbeatable’ - matched Tim Lincecum during the first six innings of Game 6, on the scoreboard at least, but things went different from the second inning when Pat Burrell lined one of Lee’s pitches into the deep left field where it was caught.
Then, in the third inning, Freddy Sanchez lined one of Lee’s pitches up in the middle and Lee, somehow, snagged the ball on its way into the center field. In the fourth inning, Buster Posey lined one of Lee’s pitches into the right-field corner, just a foot or two foul.
In the sixth inning, Posey lined one of Lee’s pitches deep into right-center field, where Nelson Cruz was able to flag it down.
“It’s a euphoric feeling that’s so hard to describe,” manager Bruce Bochy told reporters after winning the famous sports event. “For us to win for our fans, it’s never been done there, and with all those great teams.”
The Giants won the series four games to one.
- Edgar Renteria gives a MVP performance - Nov 03, 2010
- Tim Lincecum Shines Against Atlanta Braves - Oct 08, 2010
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- Legendary "Shot Heard 'Round The World" Hitter Bobby Thompson Dies Aged 86 - Aug 18, 2010
- Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- Madison Bumgarner Debuts In Major League - Sep 09, 2009
- Jose Canseco Returns To Baseball With Laredo Broncos - Aug 18, 2010
- Mark Teixeira Hits A Two Run Homer In Seventh Against Minnesota Twins - Oct 07, 2010
- MVP Edgar Renteria Calls 7th Inning Home Run, Giants Win! - Nov 02, 2010
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- No Injuries Found, Eugenio Velez To Remain In Hospital Overnight - Jul 25, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Bengie Molina Steers Giants To Victory - Aug 27, 2009
- Edgar Renteria Attributes To Giants Game 2 Victory - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,