Samuels reported for suspected bowling actionApril 15th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, April 15 (IANS) Pune Warriors India all-rounder Marlon Samuels has been reported for a suspected illegal action for bowling certain deliveries during his team’s match against the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL) here Saturday.
Off-spinner Samuels was reported by on-field umpires Aleem Dar and Bruce Oxenford, along with third umpire Vineet Kulkarni, at the conclusion of the match.
“Under the IPL Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, Mr. Samuels may continue to be selected to play and bowl for Pune Warriors India in the 2012 season but should he be reported a second time, he will be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the season,” an IPL release said.
It was only last September that the International Cricket Council (ICC) cleared Samuel’s action after a three-year ban.
Samuels has also endured a two-year ban for links with an alleged Indian bookie before returning to the game in 2010.
- Ganguly defends Samuels' bowling action - Apr 16, 2012
- ICC clears Samuels' bowling action - Sep 29, 2011
- ICC announces referees, umpires for WC quarter-final stage - Mar 21, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors - Apr 13, 2012
- Erasmus, Gould named on-field umpires for India-Australia clash - Mar 21, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Pune Warriors vs. Royal Challengers - Apr 18, 2012
- Deccan Chargers set 187-run target for Pune Warriors - May 01, 2012
- Taufel, Dar to officiate in World Cup final - Mar 31, 2011
- Super Kings opt to bat against Pune Warriors - Apr 14, 2012
- Pune Warriors opt to bat against Royal Challengers - Apr 17, 2012
- Deccan opt to bat against Pune Warriors - May 01, 2012
- Pietersen reprimanded for ICC conduct breach - Oct 30, 2011
- Scoreboard: Pune Warriors vs Kings XI, IPL - Apr 09, 2012
- Windies star Shillingford's bowling action found to be illegal - Dec 21, 2010
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: aleem dar, bowling action, conclusion, deliveries, game, illegal action, India, indian bookie, international cricket council, ipl, last september, marlon samuels, match, premier league, remainder, rounder, second time, spinner, umpire, warriors