Sam Bradford Signs Record Contract With St. Louis RamsJuly 31st, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 31, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 2010 NFL Draft first pick Sam Bradford has signed a six-year contract with the St. Louis Rams that is worth $78 million. The negotiations took place on Friday night with a whopping $50 million in guaranteed money which is the highest amount in the history of National Football League. With the deal being sealed on Friday night, the former Oklahoma quarterback would be allowed to participate in the first training camp workout of the St. Louis Rams scheduled to take place on Saturday.
While talking about the brand new addition to the team, St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo described the 22-year-old player as a sharp guy who can go great lengths if he is guided properly. The fact that Sam Bradford would be able to join the team’s training camp on Saturday seems to have come as a huge relief for the St. Louis Rams head coach who added that the team needs all the time at the training camp workout in a bid to rebuild it. Experts have reiterated that the inclusion of the former Oklahoma quarterback in St. Louis Rams is a major step forward in attempting to re-establish the team to its former glory after the team finished last season with 1-15, which is one of the worst scores of the team in NFL history.
Sam Bradford who has played as the quarterback in University of Oklahoma, was able to win the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore about two years ago when he played a significant role in leading his team to the national championship game. The 22-year-old also holds the NCAA record for 36 touchdown passes by a freshman.
- New York Giants Vs St Louis Rams to battle it out - Sep 19, 2011
- Marc Bulger announces his retirement - Aug 03, 2011
- Five NFL Players To Watch Out For In 2010 - Sep 09, 2010
- St. Louis Rams Running Back Steven Jackson Suffers Groin Injury - Sep 27, 2010
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- Seattle Seahawks Crushes St.Louis Rams To Win NFC West Division Title - Jan 03, 2011
- Dan Lefevour Plays Pivotal Role In Central Michigan's Victory - Jan 07, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Cam Newton's Heisman Trophy Win Shrouded By Controversy - Dec 12, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- Landry Jones Helps Oklahoma Sooners Beat Oklahoma State Cowboys - Nov 28, 2010
- Matt Cassel Gets Leg Injury At Arrowhead Stadium - Aug 30, 2009
- Sam Bradford Injured In Match Against BYU - Sep 06, 2009
- Kyle Boller tries his best in the Packers vs. Rams game - Sep 28, 2009
- Mark Ingram Injures Left Knee, Out Of Field Against San Jose State - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: 50 million, coach steve, former glory, gina gomez, great lengths, heisman trophy, national championship game, national football league, ncaa record, new addition, nfl draft, nfl history, rams head coach, record contract, st louis rams, steve spagnuolo, touchdown, training camp, university of oklahoma, workout