Salman Butt pledges to clear his name of spot-fixing chargesFebruary 6th, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 6(ANI): Former Pakistan Test captain Salman Butt has pledged to clear his name of the spot-fixing charges that earned him a ten-year ban from an International Cricket Council (ICC) tribunal.
The Anti-Corruption Tribunal imposed a ’sanction of ten years ineligibility’ on Butt, “five years of which are suspended on condition that he commits no further breach of the code and that he participates under the auspices of the Pakistan Cricket Board in a programme of Anti-Corruption education.”
Butt, who returned to Pakistan on Sunday, told reporters at the Lahore airport that he would decide about appealing to the International Court of Arbitration in Sports (CAS) after receiving the final verdict, SAMAA TV reports.
Under the ICC code, the banned players have 21 days to appeal to the CAS.
He expressed the hope that his penalty would be reduced, and said there was a need to amend ICC’s laws.
Declining to offer any further comment on the issue, Butt said he would hold a detailed press conference in two to three days. (ANI)
- CAS registers appeals of tainted Pak trio against ICC tribunal ban on fixing charges - Mar 02, 2011
- Butt hopes amendment to ICC code of conduct would see cut in ban - Feb 07, 2011
- Pak sports minister welcomes ICC tribunal decision to ban 'tainted trio' - Feb 06, 2011
- Salman Butt to "challenge every charge" levelled by ICC, UK Crown Prosecution - Feb 09, 2011
- Tainted Pak pacer Asif also files appeal against ICC's seven-year ban - Feb 26, 2011
- Salman Butt, Asif will have to 'confess to prevent longer ban sanctions' - Feb 08, 2011
- Aamir to appeal against ICC ban - Feb 06, 2011
- Tainted Pak bowler Amir files appeal against ICC's five-year ban - Feb 26, 2011
- Tainted Pak trio found guilty, get lengthy bans in spot-fixing case - Feb 06, 2011
- PCB boss Butt admits last six months were 'extremely painful for Pakistan cricket' - Feb 08, 2011
- Butt's TV commentator job may be 'breach of ICC suspended sentence terms' - Feb 17, 2011
- Butt says 10-year ban imposed by ICC is unacceptable and shocking - Feb 07, 2011
- PCB launches anti-corruption educational programme post spot-fixing scandal - Apr 22, 2011
- ICC ban on tainted trio will damage Pak cricket: Ex-players - Feb 06, 2011
- 'Banned' Salman Butt lands job as Pak TV channel's World Cup expert - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,