Saina to face Lin in Indonesian Super Series finalJune 21st, 2009 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) India’s Saina Nehwal edged past China’s Lu Lan in the semifinals of the Indonesian Open Super Series badminton tournament in Jakarta Saturday to set up a title clash with Lin Wang, also of China.
The World No. 8 Saina, seeded sixth, survived a 39-minute grueling battle to beat seventh-seed Lu 25-23, 21-19.
For Saina, Lu was a tough nut to crack as the Chinese matched her every point and the first game was poised at 13-13 and then 23-23. But the Indian held her nerve and pocketed the last two points to win 25-23.
In the second game, Saina came from 0-5 down to make it 13-all before winning 21-19.
In the other semifinal, third seed Lin found it easy and registered a 21-19, 21-13 win over her compatriot and eight-seed Xingfang Xie.
- Saina beats World Champion to enter Malaysia Open semifinal - May 06, 2011
- Saina in Thailand Open final - Jun 09, 2012
- Chen Long, Wang Yihan win singles titles at Japan Open - Sep 25, 2011
- Saina Nehwal wins Indonesian Open - Jun 21, 2009
- Saina goes down fighting, India's challenge ends in World Badminton (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2009
- Saina in final of Hong Kong Open - Dec 11, 2010
- Thailand Open: Four Indians, including Saina, in quarters (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Saina loses to Xin Wang in Malaysian Open Grand Prix final (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Saina Nehwal in semifinal of Indonesia Open - Jun 24, 2011
- Thailand Open: Saina struggles to get past first round - Jun 07, 2012
- CWG badminton: Saina clinches gold after thrilling win - Oct 14, 2010
- Saina, Kashyap, Sourabh advance to Thailand Open quarters - Jun 09, 2011
- Giant-killer Sameer loses in Asia Youth badminton final - Jul 09, 2011
- Saina clinches Hong Kong Super Series title - Dec 12, 2010
- Saina, Jayaram in third round of world badminton (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011