Saina climbs to second spot in world rankingsNovember 27th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 27 (IANS) Saina Nehwal may have lost out on a medal in the Asian Games but she climbed a rung to be World No.2 in the International Badminton Federation rankings.
Saina is behind China’s Xin Wang with 63211.26 points. Xin has 66152.40 points.
It is the Indian’s career-best rankings.
The rise was courtsey another Chinese, Wang Yihan’s fall. Wang, who held onto the number two spot for eight weeks, slipped to the third spot with 62488.91 points.
Tine Baun of Denmark is placed fourth and Chinese Shixian Wang fifth.
Saina, who won three back-to-back titles and the Commonwealth Games gold this year, went down to Yin Pin Yip of Hong Kong in the singles quarterfinals in the Asian Games.
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Saina climbs one spot to become World No.2 - Jul 15, 2010
- Getting the hang of Chinese at the right time: Saina Nehwal (Interview) - Mar 25, 2012
- Saina Nehwal in semifinal of Indonesia Open - Jun 24, 2011
- Saina eyeing good show at India Open ahead of Olympics - Apr 14, 2012
- Spirited Saina goes down to Wang Yihan in World Superseries Finals (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Saina goes down to Yihan Wang in Malaysia Open semis - Jan 14, 2012
- Saina fights her way into Malaysian Open semis - Jan 13, 2012
- Super Series Finals: Saina beats Xin Wang, tops Group B - Dec 16, 2011
- Saina in Hong Kong Super Series final (Lead) - Dec 11, 2010
- Saina goes down fighting in Indonesia final (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- I can hope and try, not predict: Saina Nehwal (Interview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Saina destroys Chinese opponent, clinches Hong Kong title - Dec 12, 2010
- Olympics badminton: Saina first Indian to reach semis (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Saina wins Hong Kong Open in 'dream come true' tie (Roundup) - Dec 12, 2010