Saina advances to second round of Swiss Open badmintonMarch 13th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) India’s top ranked women’s shuttler Saina Nehwal thrashed Anna Rice of Canada 21-13, 21-13 in the first round of the $200,000 Swiss Open in Basel. Saina was in a demolishing mood against the Canadian, winning 42 rallies compared to her opponent’s 26 and pocketed the tie in just 30 minutes Wednesday night.
Earlier Wednesday, Anup Sridhar upset word No. 17 Shoji Sato of Japan 22-20, 13-21, 21-14 in men’s singles first round.
India’s ace women’s doubles pair Jwala Gutta and Shruti Kurian were outclassed by Indonesian Vita Marissa and Liliyana Natsir 18-21, 17-21 in the opening round.
- Saina enters second round of Swiss Open - Mar 14, 2012
- Saina out of Asian Championship, Indian campaign over - Apr 20, 2012
- Jayaram, Kashyap crash out of Swiss Open - Mar 15, 2012
- Asian badminton: Ajay Jayaram goes down fighting - Apr 18, 2012
- CWG badminton: Saina, Chetan move to third round - Oct 10, 2010
- Asian Games: Indian men, women lose in badminton team event - Nov 13, 2010
- Saina, Kashyap shine on a gloomy day for India at Badminton Asian (Roundup) - Apr 15, 2010
- Saina, Kashyap give India reasons to smile (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- All England Championships: Saina enters second round - Mar 07, 2012
- Saina, Jwala-Diju reach quarters of Korea Open (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Indian campaign over in French Open Super Series - Oct 27, 2011
- India Open Super Series: Sourabh, Sai Datt keep India's hopes alive (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Jayaram stuns World No.7 at Japan Open - Sep 21, 2011
- Jayaram, Gurusaidutt, Saina in Hong Kong Open quarterfinals - Nov 17, 2011
- Korea Open: Saina advances to quarters - Jan 05, 2012