Sahara not to aid sports federations for London Games failureAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Sahara India Parivar will withdraw support to some Indian sports’ federations whose workings have cost the country medals in the just concluded London Olympics, Chairman Subrata Roy said here Monday.
“We are planning to stop providing sponsorship to some federations. I will not name them but their performance and lack of effort to provide best training and infrastructure to the athletes led to loss of major opportunities in the London Olympics,” Roy said.
According to Roy, Sahara will institute a foundation for training and sponsoring athletes but did not divulge any time frame for the establishment of the institute.
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012
- No one ready to pay full sponsorship of Team India: Sahara - Feb 13, 2012
- Sahara hits back after BCCI rejcts its demands (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Sahara India to sponsor Indian volleyball - Apr 16, 2012
- Sahara India announce cash award for hockey team - Feb 28, 2012
- Sahara India to award Rs.1.29 crore for hockey team (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- List of Sahara's grievances against BCCI - Feb 13, 2012
- Time professionals ran Indian sport: Shooter Ronjan Sodhi - Dec 05, 2010
- BCCI to clear issues with Sahara through dialogue (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- BCCI softens stand on Sahara pull-out, ready for talks - Feb 06, 2012
- Sad that Pakistan didn't win a single medal, says daily - Aug 13, 2012
- National association selects 15 shooters for Sahara help - Oct 22, 2009
- The unsung ones behind India's Olympic heroes - Aug 27, 2012
- Trinidad & Tobago's $2m fund to track talent for Rio - Aug 17, 2012
- CWG silver lining: Increased funding for Indian sport (Year after CWG) - Sep 29, 2011