Sachin set to play his 400th ODINovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
Ahead of the match, the Mumbai batsman said that it would like any other game for him, and he would do everything to make sure that India wins it.
“Though this is my 400th one-dayer, my approach remains the same. I shall play in the usual manner, as if this is just another match. Obviously, I will try to play a good game and make sure that India wins the match,” he said.
In the fourth one-dayer in Chandigarh on Monday, Sachin struck a record 84th one-day fifty as he top-scored with 79, overtaking Pakistani batsmen Inzamam-ul-Haq’s previous record of maximum number of half-centuries.
India won the match by eight runs, keeping their hopes in the series alive at 2-1 after the opening match was washed out.
Meanwhile, spinner Murli Karthik said that the team needed to keep the momentum going in Vadodra if it wanted to defeat Australia in the fifth match.
“Against Australia, you need to get into the momentum because they love winning, and if they have got their leg on you, they keep it on you. So, we have to take that away,” said Karthik.
By winning the last match, India broke Australia’s winning streak of 14 games. (ANI)
- Jadeja putting pressure on Pathan: Akram - Oct 22, 2011
- It would have been selfish to retire after the World Cup high: Sachin - Mar 17, 2012
- Controversial run-outs unjustified: Dhoni - Feb 26, 2012
- Quarterfinal results of 2011 World Cup "really difficult to predict": Inzamam - Mar 23, 2011
- Cricketing world pays hearty tribute to Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar conferred SCG honorary life membership - Feb 26, 2012
- Toe injury rules Tendulkar out of ODI series - Sep 05, 2011
- Woolmer made a big contribution to Pak cricket: Inzamam - Mar 19, 2011
- History beckons both India and Australia but spotlight remains on Tendulkar - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Best for India that Sachin missed his 100th ton' - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistan should not get carried away by T20 triumph over Oz, say former greats - Jul 08, 2010
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Toss proves decisive again as Delhi beat Railways (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Toss proves decisive again as Delhi trounce Railways - Mar 07, 2012
- Ponting concedes he has played his last ODI - Feb 21, 2012
- Indian team motivated to win in Adelaide: Gambhir - Jan 22, 2012