Sachin back into top 10 ODI batsmen rankingsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
He is the only Indian batsman in the top 10. Vice captain Yuvraj Singh is at 15th place, while captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni occupies the 16th position.
On the debit side of the ledger, however, former captain Rahul Dravid has slipped seven places and is now lies in 22nd place. India’s highest-placed bowler in the relevant table is Harbhajan Singh, down in 29th position.
Australia’s Andrew Symonds is within touching distance of top spot in the ODI batsmen rankings.
The powerful right-hander, who bludgeoned a brutal 107 from just 88 balls against India in Nagpur on Sunday, has rocketed up six spots to second place and is now just eight rating points behind his captain and team-mate Ricky Ponting.
That rise is a reflection of his outstanding form during the ongoing series as he is the leading run-scorer from either side with 365 runs at an average of 91.25 and a strike-rate of 110.94 runs per hundred balls.
Symonds, who has reached a career-high tally of rating points, forms an impressive Australian 1-2-3 at the top of the batting table, behind Ponting but ahead of Matthew Hayden, the winner of the ODI Player of the Year award at the ICC Awards in September and the second highest run-getter in the current series.
Three other Australians are in the top 11- Michael Hussey (5th), Michael Clarke (8th) and Adam Gilchrist (11th).
The news is just as good for Ponting’s men in the bowling list with left-arm wrist spinner Brad Hogg breaking into the top 10 on the back of being joint leading wicket-taker (alongside team-mate Mitchell Johnson) in the India series with 11 victims.
Hogg is one of three Australia bowlers in that top 10 with Nathan Bracken (3rd) and Brett Lee (9th) also featuring. (ANI)
- Dilshan, Tendulkar and Gambhir all rise in ICC rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- Saeed Ajmal becomes No.1 ranked ODI bowler - Sep 06, 2012
- Kohli rises to 2nd in ODI rankings, three Indians in top-10 - Aug 05, 2012
- Dhoni sixth in ODI rankings after prolific series in England - Sep 18, 2011
- India have good chance of going past England in ODI rankings - Oct 12, 2011
- Ashwin achieves career-best ranking, Sachin out of top 10 - Aug 27, 2012
- Dhoni, Kohli among top-10 ODI batsmen in ICC rankings - Dec 07, 2011
- Broad breaks into world's top five ODI bowlers - Jul 13, 2010
- Ojha breaks into top-15 of ICC Test rankings, India remain second - Nov 27, 2011
- Kohli starts series as highest-ranked batsman - Feb 04, 2012
- De Villiers, Clarke top-ranked Test batsmen; no Indian in top 10 - Mar 30, 2012
- Cook climbs to career-best third spot in Test rankings - Aug 14, 2011
- World champions India still second in ICC ODI team rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- Dravid rises in rankings, England on course for top spot - Aug 02, 2011
- Sachin and Kallis share top spot in Test rankings - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: adam gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, australia, balls, bludgeoned, brad hogg, brett lee, debit side, india series, mahendra singh dhoni, michael hussey, nathan bracken, odi, rahul dravid, relevant table, ricky ponting, sachin, team mate, wicket taker, yuvraj singh