Russia’s Tchebanika wins TT Paralympic goldSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia’s Raisa Tchebanika won the Paralympic table tennis gold Monday beating Ukraine’s Antonina Khodzynska in the W6 category final.
The 48-year-old Tchebanika won in straight sets 14-12, 11-2, 11-8.
W6 is the category for athletes with impaired limb function.
In the current medal rankings China leads the table with Britain and Russia in second and third.
- Paralympic gold for Russia in women's long jump - Aug 31, 2012
- Russian Paralympic archers sweep podium - Sep 04, 2012
- Putin envisions Russia as Paralympic powerhouse - Sep 11, 2012
- Chinese Li takes TT gold in controversial final - Aug 02, 2012
- Medvedev lauds 'courageous' Russian paralympians - Sep 11, 2012
- Olympic table tennis: Gold for Chinese men's team - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic table tennis: China's Zhang Jike wins gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Rezaei wins gold for Iran - Aug 08, 2012
- Paralympic discus gold for Russia - Sep 01, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: South Korea's Yang wins men's vault - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Russia's Otarsultanov lands controversial gold - Aug 11, 2012
- India dominate SAF Junior TT Championships - Jun 19, 2012
- Russian Olympic winners to get state awards - Aug 15, 2012
- First Paralympic gold goes to China - Aug 31, 2012
- India win eight titles in ITTF junior TT event - Oct 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , ,