Russians to watch London Olympics on street screensJune 22nd, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
St. Petersburg, June 22 (IANS) The 2012 London Olympics will be broadcast on street screens in several large Russian cities, Russia’s national telecom operator Rostelecom said Friday.
Rostelecom has also signed an agreement with the organising committee of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics to set up 17 large street screens in many cities during the 2012 Olympics.
The company said it would broadcast exclusive video materials in the London Games, including not only the competitions but also “the fans response”, reported Xinhua.
The company did not specify what cities would get the open-air televised fan zones, mentioning only Moscow and Sochi as examples.
According to Rostelecom, the broadcasting of London Olympics was a trail for Sochi Olympics.
“In London, we have to polish and finalize the broadcasting for the Sochi Olympics,” Rostelecom head Alexander Provotorov said at the signing ceremony in St. Petersburg.
Provotorov vowed the broadcasting of the Sochi Winter Olympics must be of the “world class”.
The company also planned to assemble over 25 fan zones equipped with the live broadcasting screens during the Sochi Winter Games.
- Russian Winter Olympic mascots to appear on coins - Feb 22, 2012
- A race in Moscow would benefit F1: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- Russia unveils new electric train for Sochi Olympics - May 31, 2012
- Sochi Olympics torch relay to be longest one - Aug 13, 2012
- Russia plans to send Olympic torch into space - Jul 08, 2011
- Six new events for 2014 Winter Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- Russians learn English for 2014 Winter Olympics - Apr 18, 2012
- Sochi Winter Olympics preparations are on, says Putin - May 12, 2012
- Russian PM exhorts athletes to do best at Sochi Games - Aug 14, 2012
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Russia To Have First Grand Prix Formula One - Oct 15, 2010
- Olympics: Late gold rush saves Russia's blushes ahead of Sochi - Aug 13, 2012
- Ski Halfpipe to be part of 2014 Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Russia to form air defence force for Sochi Olympics - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: 2012 london olympics, 2012 olympics, competitions, london games, moscow, national telecom, olympics, organising committee, rostelecom, russian cities, russians, screens, signing ceremony, sochi olympics, st petersburg, telecom operator, video materials, winter games, winter olympics, xinhua