Russian Olympic medallists given luxury carsAugust 16th, 2012 - 1:31 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Many of Russia’s medal-winning Olympic athletes were presented with luxury cars Wednesday and the others were also promised cars soon.
Many of Russia’s gold medallists received their cars near Red Square after being given state honours by President Vladimir Putin in a ceremony at the Kremlin.
Each of the 129 Russians who won medals in individual or team events in London will receive a personalised Audi, with different models for gold, silver and bronze winners.
The athletes will also be allowed to skip the lengthy and bureaucratic Russian registration process, said Alexander Katushev, executive director of the Russian Olympians’ Support Fund.
- Russian Olympic winners to get state awards - Aug 15, 2012
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Russia may raise duties on beer - Aug 01, 2012
- Putin confirms Medvedev to be PM, given election win - Dec 02, 2011
- Putin envisions Russia as Paralympic powerhouse - Sep 11, 2012
- Olympics: Putin lauds 'brilliant' Russian judo golds - Aug 03, 2012
- Putin warns West against interfering in Russian elections - Nov 28, 2011
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Putin, Obama discuss bilateral relations - May 10, 2012
- Russia brings in Foreign Accounts Information Law - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia open to foreign investment in energy - Jun 22, 2012
- Olympic tennis: US flag blows away at ceremony - Aug 05, 2012
- Russia, South Africa discussing joint weapons development - Sep 18, 2012
- Madonna sued for $10 mn over Russian concert comments - Aug 18, 2012
- Defamation can cost $160,000 in Russia - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: alexander, bronze winners, events in london, executive director, gold medallists, kremlin, luxury cars, medals, models, moscow, olympians, olympic athletes, president vladimir putin, red square, ria novosti, russia, russians, state honours, vd, vladimir putin