Russian gas giant may sponsor Bayern MunichDecember 23rd, 2011 - 5:38 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian gas giant Gazprom may become a sponsor of German football team Bayern Munich, a giant in the Bundesliga.
The Suddeutsche Zeitung newspaper said Gazprom chief Alexei Miller was in Munich for talks with top Bayern officials Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness.
Neither Gazprom nor the German side, however, confirmed the report.
The Russian company is currently the sponsor of German club Schalke 04.
- Gazprom unveiled as UEFA Champions League sponsor - Jul 09, 2012
- Gazprom unveiled as Champions League sponsor - Jul 10, 2012
- Dortmund close in on title after beating Bayern - Apr 12, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom world's most profitable firm in 2011 - Jul 31, 2012
- Putin wins German award - Jul 10, 2011
- Javi Martinez joins German side Bayern Munich - Aug 30, 2012
- Bayern Munich need a football philosophy: Lahm - Nov 07, 2009
- Ukraine gas transit system price to fall in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Gazprom inks sponsorship deal with Chelsea - Jul 18, 2012
- Excited to be back in India: Thomas Mueller - Dec 19, 2011
- Munich set to land Gomez and Neuer - May 26, 2009
- Gazprom offers gas price discounts to EU firms - Jun 28, 2012
- Chelsea get tricky draw; Madrid, City in group of death - Aug 31, 2012
- Monchengladbach's Neustadter signs with Schalke 04 - Jan 11, 2012
- Watch out Europe, Bayern are back - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: bayern munich, bundesliga, football team, gas giant gazprom, gazprom, german club, german football, german side, karl heinz rummenigge, moscow, ria novosti, russian company, russian gas, suddeutsche zeitung, uli hoeness