Russia To Have First Grand Prix Formula OneOctober 15th, 2010 - 2:09 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The first races of the Russian Grand Prix will be hosted in Sochi, and the Russian Grand Prix F1 races will be held between the years of 2014, and 2020, with a possible five year extension in the works.
The Governor of the Krasnodar Territory, Alexander Tkachev, and the chief promoter of the races Bernie Ecllestone are both set to sign the agreement on the Russian Grand Prix to be held in the Black Sea city of Sochi, which is where the 2014 Winter Games will be performed.
The Russian government will be the guarantor f the Formula One event. Vladimir Putin, who is the Russian Prime Minister has also vowed to take part in the events by signing the contract.
- A race in Moscow would benefit F1: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Moscow Raceway is suitable for Formula 1' - Jul 04, 2012
- F1 circuit mooted in Moscow - Jul 14, 2012
- Sochi Winter Olympics preparations are on, says Putin - May 12, 2012
- Hamilton wants Moscow F1 night race - Jul 15, 2012
- Russia unveils new electric train for Sochi Olympics - May 31, 2012
- Russians to watch London Olympics on street screens - Jun 22, 2012
- Putin orders probe into improper flood warning - Jul 10, 2012
- Russians party naked to celebrate Putin! - Mar 08, 2011
- Putin visits flood affected region - Jul 08, 2012
- Sochi Olympics torch relay to be longest one - Aug 13, 2012
- Russian flood toll rises to 144 - Jul 09, 2012
- Russia toughens anti-doping regulations - Jun 08, 2011
- Bahrain GP organisers say F1 race on - Feb 20, 2012
- FIA: Bahrain race to take place as scheduled - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: 2014 winter games, alexander, black sea, chief promoter, f1 races, formula one, grand prix f1, guarantor, krasnodar territory, russia, russian government, russian prime minister, sea city, sochi, vladimir putin, winter games