Russia demolish Italy 3-0June 2nd, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Zurich, June 2 (IANS) Russia handed under-pressure Italy a 3-0 beating in their Euro 2012 warm-up match in Zurich thanks to a brace from striker Roman Shirokov.
The Italian team has been under the shadow of the sports-betting affair and that seems to have taken a toll on them. They have lost the three previous friendlies and have not been able to score a single goal, reported Xinhua.
The Italians have been grouped with Spain, Ireland and Croatia in the Euro 2012.
Alexander Kerzhakov and his Zenit St. Petersburg teammate Shirokov found the net for Russia Friday, who are bracketed with Poland, Greece and the Czech Republic.
- Zenit kick off title defence with Amkar win - Jul 22, 2012
- Russia beat Czech Republic 4-1 in Euro 2012 - Jun 09, 2012
- Russia to improve: Advocaat - Jun 03, 2012
- Dzyuba to miss World Cup qualifiers - Sep 05, 2012
- Capello blasts sluggish Russia - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Russia can survive without Arshavin' - May 29, 2012
- Rubin beat Zenit, win Russian Super Cup - Jul 15, 2012
- Crushing Czechs was easy: Pavlyuchenko - Jun 09, 2012
- Arshavin crucial to Russia's success, says Advocaat - Jun 09, 2012
- Poland, Greece to kick-off Euro 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Team relied on class, not effort: Russian sports minister - Jun 23, 2012
- Euro 2012: Polish blast blows Group A wide open - Jun 13, 2012
- Arshavin's creativity outweighs low stamina: Russia coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Euro 2012: Greek grit secures win, knocks out Russia - Jun 17, 2012
- Champions League: AC Milan thrash Arsenal, Zenit win thriller - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: alexander, alexander kerzhakov, croatia, czech republic, euro 2012, friendlies, greece, ireland, italian team, italians, italy, poland, russia, spain, striker, teammate, warm up match, xinhua, zenit st petersburg, zurich