Russia coach Advocaat to manage PSV after Euro 2012May 11th, 2012 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
The Hague, May 11 (IANS) Russian coach Dick Advocaat has signed a one-year contract with PSV Eindhoven allowing the Dutchman to manage his erstwhile club after the European Championships.
Advocaat who was with PSV from 1995 to 1998, coached the side to one league title (1997), the Dutch Cup (1996) and two Dutch Super Cups (1996, 1997).
“PSV wanted a top coach and Dick was enthusiastic about PSV,” technical director Marcel Brands was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
“Despite getting lucrative offers from Russia his decision to come to PSV, strengthens our confidence in the cooperation. He knows the club from his earlier period and sees great potential in the targeted group of players,” he added.
His other coaching endeavours include the national teams of South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, and Belgium. HFC Haarlem, SVV/Dordrecht 90 and AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands, Glasgow Rangers (Scotland), Borussia Monchengladbach(Germany) and Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia) were also part of his profile.
In March this year PSV coach Fred Rutten was fired and replaced by his assistant Phillip Cocu. The latter led PSV to victory in the Dutch Cup, but the Eindhoven side failed to qualify for the Champions League.
- PSV, AZ through to semi-finals in Dutch Cup - Feb 03, 2012
- Russia to decide on new coach soon: Sports minister - Jul 05, 2012
- Van Bommel signed by PSV Eindhoven - May 15, 2012
- PSV fire coach Rutten - Mar 13, 2012
- Dutch title race wide open after defeats of PSV and AZ - Feb 20, 2012
- Coach Rutten to leave PSV at end of season - Dec 31, 2011
- Arshavin sorry for Russia's Euro 2012 showing - Jun 21, 2012
- Spalletti backs Guardiola, Semak for Russia post - Jul 11, 2012
- PSV sign Dutch forward Narsingh - Jul 16, 2012
- Coach Advocaat proud of Russia despite Euro exit - Jun 17, 2012
- Russia needs fresh blood, says Hiddink - Jul 13, 2012
- Arshavin crucial to Russia's success, says Advocaat - Jun 09, 2012
- Ajax move closer to Dutch title - Apr 16, 2012
- Team relied on class, not effort: Russian sports minister - Jun 23, 2012
- Ajax capture 31st Dutch league title - May 03, 2012
Tags: az alkmaar, borussia monchengladbach, coach dick, dick advocaat, dutch cup, dutchman, euro 2012, glasgow rangers, great potential, hfc, monchengladbach germany, phillip cocu, psv, rutten, st petersburg russia, svv, targeted group, united arab emirates, xinhua, zenit st petersburg