Rural Postal Life Insurance bonus stands enhancedJune 9th, 2008 - 10:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 9 (ANI): Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) bonus for the most popular scheme Endowment Assurance (E.A.) stands enhanced from Rs. 50 to Rs. 55 for every Rs. 1000 of sum assured, if the policy term exceeds ten years and from Rs. 50 to Rs. 52 for every Rs. 1000 of sum assured, if the policy term is up to ten years.
This was declared by Sunita Trivedi, Chief General Manager, RPLI here today.
The increase is going to benefit insurants majorly. As an insurant who is having an E.A. policy of Rs. one lakh, will now be vested with a bonus of Rs. 5500 a year (as against Rs. 5000 earlier), and if the policy term exceeds ten years, it will be vested of Rs. 5200 for other E.A policies.
This enhancement of bonus makes Rural PLI more attractive an option as compared to traditional insurers who cover the life risk of individual insurants under Endowment Assurance Scheme.
Whereas the traditional insurers give bonus in a range of Rs. 45 to Rs.50 for every Rs. 1000 of sum assured, the customers of Rural PLI get a better return.
The premium of Rural PLI is collected through the counters of the massive network of more than 1,55,000 Post Offices, thus keeping the operational cost of Rural PLI low as compared to other insurance companies.
Rural PLI passes on the benefits of low cost of operation to the customers in the form of higher bonus rates and lower premium rates. (ANI)
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Government to launch new rural postal life insurance scheme soon - Feb 11, 2009
- Bharti Axa Life to launch two new products - Mar 10, 2011
- Bharti Axa launches add-on covers for cars - Dec 10, 2009
- Star Health says it is in good health despite business loss - Jan 05, 2012
- Life insurance firms mull riders to take policyholders for a ride - Aug 01, 2010
- Reliance Life eyes full-year profits, Rs.8,500 crore in premia - Jul 20, 2011
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- HDFC Standard Life to consolidate gains of direct sales force - Mar 08, 2012
- No slowdown in India Post's insurance business - Mar 31, 2009
- Reliance Life enters health insurance biz - Oct 07, 2010
- Aegon Religare Life to expand online product offering - Oct 07, 2010
- Are low health premiums viable, asks insurance regulator - Dec 11, 2010
- Insurers relieved as Tamil Nadu scraps health scheme - Jun 10, 2011
- RIL calls off acquisition of Bharti AXA - Nov 25, 2011