Rubin signs Malaga striker RondonAugust 5th, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Venezuela striker Salomon Rondon has switched from Malaga to Rubin Kazan, the Russia Premier League side said Sunday.
Rondon scored 25 goals in 67 appearances during two seasons with the Primera Division outfit,
“The 22 year-old Venezuela national team forward has signed a four-year deal with Rubin,” the Russian club said in a website statement.
Rondon has 24 caps for Venezuela and has scored eight international goals.
Rubin finished sixth last season in the Russian Premier League, a disappointing result after back-to-back titles in 2008 and 2009 and third place in 2010.
A 1-0 win in the Russian Cup final over Dynamo Moscow salvaged some silverware and a place in this season’s Europa League.
Rubin’s next game is Monday against FC Volga.
- Rubin Kazan sign Spaniard Orbaiz - Jul 25, 2012
- Dynamo drawn against Stuttgart in Europa League playoffs - Aug 10, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Rubin extends contract with Sharonov - Aug 19, 2012
- Minute's silence at Russian Super Cup - Jul 14, 2012
- Ex-Anzhi midfielder Gadzhiev joins Ukraine's Tavriya - Sep 14, 2012
- Late Inter strike denies Rubin San Siro win - Sep 21, 2012
- Anzhi draw Liverpool, Udinese in Europa League - Sep 01, 2012
- Russian hockey player dies trying to save family - Jun 29, 2012
- UEFA withholds prize money for 23 clubs - Sep 11, 2012
- Dynamo slump continues with defeat against Terek - Aug 19, 2012
- Rubin beat Zenit, win Russian Super Cup - Jul 15, 2012
- Russian club Kuban sign Ajax's Ozbiliz - Aug 09, 2012
- Own goal saves Spartak's blushes in RPL - Jul 22, 2012
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: back to back titles, caps, dynamo moscow, international goals, next game, premier league, primera division, ria novosti, rondon, rubin kazan, russia, russian club, russian cup, salomon, signs, silverware, two seasons, venezuela, vm, volga