Roy Halladay Makes His Perfect Pitch, Philadelphia Phillies Wins Over Florida MarlinsMay 30th, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Miami, May 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 25,086 spectators witnessed Philadelphia Phillies starting pitcher Roy Halladay delivering one of his best performances in his career as Philadelphia Phillies defeated Florida Marlins on Saturday. Reportedly this is the pitcher’s second and the 20th perfect game in the league history. Roy Halladay struck out on 11 which made Ronny Paulino who happens to be the pinch hitter ground it out all the way to the very end of the game. Needless to mention, it was one of the most entertaining games of the current season.
After he made it big for his team, Roy Halladay told the media that this was an unexpected performance. In his opinion every player tries to give in his best out there on the ground but things seldom go like one plans. There has to be some lucky nights like Saturday when everything went right and nothing wrong. He believes that his team is blessed to have such unity among the players of the game who made it possible for the team to emerge victorious. No matter what he says, one can’t deny that the man of the moment in the Saturday game was Roy Halladay and no one else.
It’s not only Philadelphia Phillies but the opponent Florida Marlins who were all in praises about the pitcher’s performance. Fredi Gonzalez who happens to be the Florida Marlins manager told the media that Roy Halladay is the only man who made the difference between the two teams on Saturday. After Jim Bunning’s perfect throwing way back in the year of 1964, this was the second best game to have come out of Roy Halladay.
- Former Catcher Darren Daulton Inducted Into Philadelphia Phillies Wall Of Fame - Aug 07, 2010
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- Ross Gload Has Been Signed On By The Phillies - Dec 09, 2009
- Hall Of Fame Pitcher Robin Roberts Passes Away At 83 - May 07, 2010
- Yankees Player Andy Pettite Ensures His Team's Victory - Nov 01, 2009
- A.J. Burnett Gives An Impressive Performance In The Second Game Of The World Series - Oct 30, 2009
- Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers? - Jul 31, 2012
- Chan Ho Park: Good Comeback - Oct 16, 2009
- Cliff Lee Creates History At The World Series Opener - Oct 29, 2009
- Bobby Cox's Shoes To Be Filled By Fredi Gonzalez? - Oct 13, 2010
- Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3 - Oct 19, 2009
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Jimmy Rollins Strains Right Calf - Apr 13, 2010
- Bob Feller Passes Away At 92 - Dec 16, 2010
- Hideki Matsui Ensures Yankees Victory In World Series 2009 - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: best game, florida marlins, florida marlins manager, fredi gonzalez, jim bunning, league history, lucky nights, man of the moment, opponent, paulino, perfect game, perfect pitch, philadelphia phillies, pinch hitter, praises, ranjan, roy halladay, spectators, starting pitcher, unexpected performance