Ross Brawn criticises Button for leaving his F1 teamApril 27th, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 27 (ANI): Formula One champion Jenson Button has been criticised for walking out on Brawn GP, the outfit that helped him to the F1 world title last year.
Team boss Ross Brawn, who brought in Button after taking over the former Honda team in March 2009, blasted him for leaving the team.
“I was disappointed Jenson left. He felt people were of the opinion he only won the world championship because he had the best car. So he left us to show them he could do it again elsewhere,” Brawn said.
“We are still friends. We were on the same flight back from Malaysia and we had a good chat. But on the racetrack it is different. There are no friends on the racetrack,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
“Jenson was a fabulous member of our team last year but now he is the history and we have to beat him. He also wanted to prove himself at McLaren against the guy who is probably the fastest and most naturally talented in motor racing - Lewis Hamilton. He’s set himself a massive challenge and he is doing very well so far.”
The Mercedes GP chief was speaking at the launch of The Brawn Lifeboat Challenge.
The object is to raise 350,000 pounds for the RNLI to buy a new lifeboat for the River Thames.
Brawn is confident that Michael Schumacher will start winning races, while also helping his teammate Nico Rosberg’s career. (ANI)
- Schumacher top overtaker in 2011 F1 season - Dec 25, 2011
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Rosberg wins maiden F1 race in China, Force India draw blank - Apr 15, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Rosberg signs multi-year contract with Mercedes - Nov 10, 2011
- Ross Brawn rules out Schumacher's return for Mercedes - Nov 24, 2009
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Rosberg not afraid of Schumacher; expects exciting F1 season - Jan 04, 2010
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Is Schumi mulling comeback with Mercedes? - Nov 23, 2009
- Buddh International Circuit comes in for huge praise - Oct 30, 2011
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Mercedes F1 team makes 'choose your job' offer to Michael Schumacher - Nov 25, 2009
- Schumi warns Brit duo: I'm going to reign again - Jan 26, 2010
- Button accuses Massa of screwing his qualifying at Monaco - May 16, 2010
Tags: best car, champion, f1 team, f1 world, formula one, honda team, jenson button, launch, lewis hamilton, lifeboat, massive challenge, mclaren, mercedes, michael schumacher, racetrack, river thames, rnli, ross brawn, team boss, teammate