Rooney’s mother-in-law ‘calling the shots’ in his troubled transfer sagaOctober 22nd, 2010 - 7:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 22 (ANI): English footballer Wayne Rooney’s mother-in-law is rumoured to be playing a key role in his transfer battle.
Colette McLoughlin, 48, and her husband Tony, 51, are said to have been playing a ‘hugely important’ role in advising Rooney, 24, on his career path after it was revealed that he wants to leave Manchester United.
“Wayne is walking on eggshells because of what he got up to, so he had to listen to what Coleen and her mother are saying,” the Daily Mail quoted a source close to the footballer as saying.
Rooney is keen to move to Real Madrid, one of the few clubs that can afford his wages, to work with manager Jose Mourinho and be reunited with former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.
“Wayne thought Spain would be a fresh start. He has talked about his options with Coleen and both sets of parents - but Tony and Colette have made it clear they would prefer it if he stayed in the UK,” a source revealed.
“He respects Tony and Colette and he takes their advice very seriously. Now he is determined to prove his dedication to his family, even if it means sacrificing his dream of moving abroad,” the source added. (ANI)
- Rooney paying for sexcapades by taking mum-in-law shopping! - Oct 15, 2010
- Love-rat Rooney makes grovelling apology to in-laws - Sep 28, 2010
- Love-rat Rooney 'ordered to apologize to in-laws' - Sep 16, 2010
- Rooney stays put with ManU as Coleen fears backlash - Oct 23, 2010
- Love-rat Wayne Rooney faces furious in-laws - Sep 26, 2010
- 'Love-rat' Wayne Rooney's in-laws 'appalled by his antics' - Sep 08, 2010
- Wayne, Coleen Rooney arrange 'secret christening' for son Kai - Nov 29, 2010
- Coleen Rooney 'devastated' as ill sister fights for life - Sep 10, 2010
- Madrid eyes Wenger, Loew after fallout with Mourinho - Jan 25, 2012
- Mourinho going nowhere: Cristiano Ronaldo - Mar 14, 2012
- Coleen Rooney's thinning patch caused by hair extensions? - Feb 05, 2011
- 'Love-rat' Wayne Rooney's wife agrees to take him back - Sep 14, 2010
- Mourinho dreams to manage Rooney - May 29, 2010
- Wayne Rooney reunites with wife - Sep 15, 2010
- Mourinho commits future to Madrid after Champions League failure - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: calling the shots, career path, daily mail, dedication, footballer, former team, fresh start, jose mourinho, key role, manchester united, mother in law, parents, real madrid, ronaldo, saga, spain, team mate, wages, walking on eggshells, wayne rooney