Rooney’s hearing on three-match ban Dec 8November 18th, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 18 (IANS) England striker Wayne Rooney’s appeal against his three-match ban from the European Championship will be heard by UEFA on Dec 8, the FA has said.
Rooney, 26, was sent off during the 2-2 draw against Montenegro for kicking Miodrag Dzudovovic last month and then received a ban for three matches from the UEFA. The ban means that the Manchester United forward would miss all of England’s group matches at Euro 2012.
After receiving the written reasons for the ban from the European soccer’s governing body, the FA decided to appeal by the deadline of midnight last Friday, reports Xinhua.
In a statement released Thursday, the FA confirmed that Rooney and England manager Fabio Capello would both appear at the personal hearing after UEFA rescheduled date of the hearing to December 8, with Manchester United competing in Switzerland the evening before against FC Basel in the UEFA Champions League.
- FA appeals against Rooney's three-match ban - Nov 05, 2011
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Rooney not distracted by father's arrest: Capello - Oct 07, 2011
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Rooney in best shape of season, claims Capello - Oct 12, 2010
- England play Norway, Belgium before Euro 2012 games - Jan 06, 2012
- Mancini happy Man City will not face '200 percent' Rooney - Apr 08, 2011
- Football Association is scared of Manchester United: Wigan boss - Mar 01, 2011
- 'Victimized' Rooney will be spurred on by two-match FA ban: Ferguson - Apr 10, 2011
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Fergie, Man U board to fight Roo's two-match FA ban - Apr 05, 2011
- Capello backs Rooney to fire in England's Denmark friendly - Feb 09, 2011
- Capello may drop 'struggling' Rooney for Euro 2012 qualifier against Bulgaria - Aug 28, 2010
- Foul-mouthed Rooney set to escape FA ban - Apr 04, 2011
- Rooney fate in referee's hand, can face four-match ban - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: ban dec, december 8, england manager, euro 2012, european soccer, fabio capello, fc basel, governing body, last friday, london, manchester united, match, montenegro, striker, switzerland, uefa champions league, wayne rooney, xinhua