Rooney checks kit to picture himself scoringApril 1st, 2011 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 1 (ANI): England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has revealed he always checks what strip Manchester United will wear - so he can picture himself scoring.
The England striker, who has nine this season, will go through his strange ritual with kitman Albert Morgan ahead of tomorrow’s trip to West Ham, The Sun reports.
Rooney said: “The day before a game I always ask Albert which kit we’ll be wearing - shirt, shorts and socks - so I can try to visualise the game and scoring a goal.”
A winner tomorrow will help the leaders cement their title credentials with eight games left.
United’s players are starting to get excited at the prospect of a record 19th title, which would top Liverpool’s tally. (ANI)
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Rooney not distracted by father's arrest: Capello - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Good substitutions' changed the game against West Ham United: Rooney - Apr 03, 2011
- Man U on course for Treble after beating Arsenal: Rooney - Mar 14, 2011
- Mancini happy Man City will not face '200 percent' Rooney - Apr 08, 2011
- Euro 2012: Rooney to play against Ukraine, says coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Roo told that dropping in form Hernandez would be hard - Jan 05, 2011
- Rooney apologises for swearing outburst after hat-trick goal against West Ham - Apr 03, 2011
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Rooney wants wins against Arsenal, Chelsea - May 01, 2011
- Rooney is gunning for Chelsea: Hernandez - Apr 06, 2011
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Capello delighted about Rooney's current form - Sep 03, 2010
- Fergie not to play Rooney against Schalke in order to destroy Chelsea - May 04, 2011