Roo says Everton fans’ giving him hell makes him play betterApril 17th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.17 (ANI): England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney wants Everton fans to give him Wembley hell as it makes him play better.
As he prepares to face Everton in Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final, Rooney said: “All the stick I get makes me want to do better. But it doesn’t bother me that much now because I expect it whenever I play against Everton.”Rooney’s old boss David Moyes also stoked up the fires ahead of the Wembley crunch - by hinting match referee Mike Riley is a United fan.
Everton chief Moyes said he was dismayed by Riley’s late appointment in place of Steve Bennett, who is ill.
Moyes, who has been on the wrong end of two Riley decisions, was quoted by The Sun as saying: “I was asked if Riley is a United supporter - I think that is something you would need to bring up with the FA.” (ANI)
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Ireland midfielder Gibson completes Everton move - Jan 14, 2012
- Rooney furious over rival fans' sick Twitter taunts about son Kai - May 04, 2011
- Ferguson warns Rooney against sexcapade repeat - Sep 13, 2010
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
- Chelsea fears Rooney's rage: Lampard - Apr 06, 2011
- Football Association gives special treatment to Man U: Mancini - Mar 02, 2011
- Rooney wants Man U star Giggs to be knighted - Apr 14, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Everton fans likely to give Man U's Rooney a roasting for sexcapade - Sep 09, 2010
- Ferguson may be thinking of selling Rooney - Mar 04, 2011
- Football Association is scared of Manchester United: Wigan boss - Mar 01, 2011
- Fitter Rooney warns rivals of Man U's Treble charge - Mar 17, 2011
- Fergie, Man U board to fight Roo's two-match FA ban - Apr 05, 2011
- Rooney ban: Fergie claims Man U is the victim - Apr 09, 2011