Ronaldo set to double his money with Real Madrid transferJune 12th, 2009 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): Cristiano Ronaldo is set to double his money and rake in a staggering 100 million pounds by moving to Real Madrid.
According to The Sun, the 24-year-old Portuguese goal ace will be paid about 225,000 pounds a week, meaning his basic earnings over five years will be nearly 60 million pounds.His pre-contract deal also includes an option for a further year worth more than 13 million pounds.Ronaldo could collect a further 30 million pounds in profits from his clothing company CR9, which will be endorsed by Real Madrid.
That means he stands to pocket a cool 17 million pounds a year if he stays at the Bernabeu for six seasons.The World Player of The Year will pay an average of just five per cent tax on his megabucks earnings.
Ronaldo is ending his six-year spell with United as the highest-paid player in Britain, on 9.2 million pounds a year including boot and sportswear deals.
That made him only the fifth best paid in the world, behind England’s David Beckham, Brazilians Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and Barcelona’s ex-Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.
Becks remains in top spot thanks to a deal with LA Galaxy worth 24.4 million pounds a year, but Ronaldo is catching up by virtually doubling his income.
Ron’s giant pay cheques will allow him to add to his already impressive property portfolio.
He currently owns a four million pound mansion in Cheshire, a villa and a flat near Portugal’s capital Lisbon - plus a pad on the island of Madeira, where his mum lives.
Ronaldo - who currently drives a Bentley Continental after famously crashing his Ferrari - will also be able to indulge his love of luxury motors.
His godfather Fernao Sousa last night said the star’s family were overjoyed at the move.
Fernao - who played a key role in helping Ronaldo develop as a youngster - said: “This is a dream come true for us and Cristiano. We’re very happy and I’m very happy for him.” (ANI)
- Man-U, Becks top Forbes rich-list - Apr 22, 2011
- Man City's 96 mln pound deal to make Ibrahimovic world's highest-paid footballer - Aug 13, 2010
- Money not the root of my sadness: Ronaldo - Sep 05, 2012
- Evra to quit Man U to join Real Madrid or Inter Milan - May 11, 2010
- Why is Cristiano sad despite winning? - Sep 03, 2012
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- 'I don't think Rooney would want to join me at Bernabeu,' says Ronaldo - Apr 18, 2010
- James Patterson is world's highest paid author - Aug 19, 2011
- Ronaldo's wax figure unveiled at Madame Tussauds - Jun 10, 2010
- Sneijder ready to sign for Manchester United - Jul 12, 2011
- Rooney snubbed by away supporters at Stoke - Oct 25, 2010
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Messi replaces Becks as highest-paid footballer in the world - Mar 24, 2010
- Dhoni made $26.5 million last year, Tendulkar $18.6 million - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: 60 million, becks, bentley continental, bernabeu, brazilians, clothing company, contract deal, cr9, cristiano ronaldo, david beckham, property portfolio, rake, real madrid, ronaldinho, ronaldo, s david, sousa, thierry henry, world player of the year, youngster