Ronaldo may quit Man U in 70 million pound move to Real MadridMay 23rd, 2009 - 3:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 23 (ANI): Manchester United ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo plans to quit this summer for a 70 million pound move to Spanish club Real Madrid.
Ronaldo has told friends and teammates to forget stories that he is staying at Old Trafford. After a hat trick of titles and two Champions League finals, he feels he has achieved what he wanted.
Now he is keen to revive Real Madrid’s fortunes in a record-breaking switch to the Bernabeu, The Sun reports.
A United source said: “He looks to have made up his mind again. He is not saying it publicly with such a big game coming up next week in the Champions League final. But in his mind that will be his last. The fact Real trailed Barcelona in La Liga this season only makes the challenge more exciting for him.”
Ronaldo made his feelings clear to those close to him as recently as last Saturday, when champagne was still flowing after United’s title-clinching home draw with Arsenal.
The Sun reports that a number of senior players have been trying to talk round the Portuguese wizard, but he is having none of it.
And manager Alex Ferguson, who won the same fight last summer, will now find it very difficult to keep the World Player of the Year. (ANI)
- Barca's trouncing of Real Madrid convinced Ronaldo to stay on at Man U: Fergie - May 18, 2009
- Ronaldo urges Mourinho not to leave Real Madrid - Apr 16, 2011
- Why is Cristiano sad despite winning? - Sep 03, 2012
- Mourinho: Liga is priority - Mar 15, 2012
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- Man U's financial worries "sadden" Cristiano Ronaldo - Feb 14, 2010
- Mourinho may return to UK Premier League in 2012 - Mar 12, 2011
- Focused on helping Real win La Liga: Ronaldo - Nov 18, 2011
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Real to face Malaga in Primera Liga - Mar 17, 2012
- Cristiano Ronaldo sets new scoring record in Spanish La Liga - May 22, 2011
- Berlusconi dreams of buying Ronaldo for AC Milan - Apr 13, 2011
- Ronaldo keen to take shirt as Real prepare for Raul departure - Jul 23, 2010
- Euro 2012: Ronaldo key for Portugal - Jun 02, 2012
- Barcelona-Real Madrid quarter-final clash likely - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: ace, alex ferguson, arsenal, barcelona, bernabeu, big game, champagne, club real madrid, feelings, fortunes, hat trick, last saturday, london, manager alex ferguson, manchester united, old trafford, ronaldo, spanish club, teammates, wizard