Ronaldo likely to lose 600K pounds on his UK padJune 16th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 16 (ANI): Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo could lose 600,000 pounds on his UK pad when he moves from Manchester United to Real Madrid.
The football star, 24, paid 3.8 million pounds in 2008 for the seven-bedroom mansion. He spent a further 300,000 pounds on a pool, gym and gadgets.
But the pad in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, is now valued at 3.5 million pounds due to the recession, reports The Sun.
His friends say that he decided to move to Real Madrid because of the abuse his family and friends were being subjected to at Old Trafford on match days.
Ronaldo, 24, became disillusioned with the Old Trafford boo-boys. They never forgave him for saying he might move to the Bernabau after last season’s Champions League final victory.
The situation is believed to have come to a head during United’s home game against Aston Villa in April when Ronaldo lost possession and Villa went 2-1 up.
A source said: “Ronaldo was booed by some fans and his family and friends tried to defend him. Things got ugly because, understandably, Ronaldo’s party wanted to defend him from the abuse - some of it was well over the top.”
Ronaldo has said that he cares two hoots about those who think his 80 million pound transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid will make him a hate figure.
He said: “I love it when people jeer me. I love to see the hate in their eyes, to hear the insults. It doesn’t bother me. It’s true lots of people hate me, but there are even more who love me and who support me. I feel bad only when I play badly. Fortunately, that happens rarely.”
“I still have a long way to go. I really want to re-write the history of football. I am aware I’m already among the best of the best but I want to continue to write many more beautiful pages.”In an interview which will appear in French magazine So Foot this month, Ronaldo claims he is capable of eclipsing even the classiest of rivals, like Barcelona wizard Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo added: “I have nothing to envy Lionel for. I don’t compare myself to others. I am Cristiano Ronaldo - and I can win more medals than anybody else. I don’t like to relax. The fans want to see a great Cristiano Ronaldo so I try to never disappoint.” (ANI)
- Fan hatred convinced Ronaldo to move to Real Madrid - Jun 14, 2009
- Ronaldo cares two hoots if mega move makes him a hate figure - Jun 14, 2009
- Ronaldo advises Balotelli to 'talk less and think about playing more' - Jan 26, 2011
- People are envious of my good looks: Ronaldo - Sep 15, 2011
- 'I don't think Rooney would want to join me at Bernabeu,' says Ronaldo - Apr 18, 2010
- Ronaldo warns Barca that nothing can stop Real Madrid - Nov 29, 2010
- Iniesta wins UEFA's award for best player - Aug 31, 2012
- Carvalho asks for protection for Cristiano Ronaldo - Sep 16, 2011
- Ronaldo hopes to end his career at Madrid - Sep 07, 2011
- Fergie says he would spend 60 m pounds only on Ronaldo - May 02, 2010
- Bale wants to be as good as Ronaldo - Apr 01, 2011
- Madrid eyes Wenger, Loew after fallout with Mourinho - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Rooney better than Messi and Ronaldo' - Apr 30, 2011
- Money not the root of my sadness: Ronaldo - Sep 05, 2012
- Ronaldo hints at Real Madrid exit - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: 5 million, champions league, cheshire, family and friends, final victory, football star, french magazine, history of football, home game, hoots, insults, lionel messi, manchester united, match, old trafford, real madrid, recession, rivals, ronaldo, winger