Ronaldo advises Balotelli to ‘talk less and think about playing more’January 26th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 26(ANI): Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo has told outspoken Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli to talk less and concentrate on his football.
Balotelli has been at the centre of a number of controversies since joining City from Inter Milan in 2010, and recently made headlines by launching an incredible tirade targeting Manchester United star Wayne Rooney.
“He’s a good player, but he must talk less and think about playing more,” the Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
“In the Premier League, if he knows how to listen and wants to learn, he could become a great player.”
“I hope he achieves that. However, today he puts many other things ahead of his career and this is not good,” he added.
Balotelli had earlier said: “He’s (Rooney) good, but he is not the best in Manchester.”
The 20-year-old even says that United fans would love to see him at Old Trafford.
“They stop me in the street and tell me, ‘Mario, come to United’. Honestly,” Balotelli had said.
“But I’m dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick in the 4-0 win against Aston Villa,” he added. (ANI)
- Rooney not even the best in Manchester United, says City's Balotelli - Jan 19, 2011
- Rooney bags Professional Footballers' Association's Player of the Year award - Apr 26, 2010
- Rooney 'apologized to me' and players before signing new Man U contract: Ferguson - Oct 23, 2010
- United winger Valencia says he's not in same league as Ronaldo - Mar 06, 2010
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- Balotelli is even better than Torres: Mancini - Aug 23, 2010
- City's Mancini says Rooney's exit could end Man U's two-decade domination - Oct 21, 2010
- Rooney still misses Ronaldo, says he is irreplaceable - Oct 24, 2009
- Rooney will prove his worth very soon: Ronaldo - Oct 29, 2010
- Nani attributes his rebirth to Fergie - Jan 30, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Balotelli wants to stay with Manchester City - Apr 13, 2012
- Football Association gives special treatment to Man U: Mancini - Mar 02, 2011
- Balotelli says he's better than other `Golden Boy' award winners - Dec 22, 2010
- Manchester City's summer spree passes 100 m pounds - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: balotelli, controversies, cristiano ronaldo, goosebumps, hat trick, headlines, inter milan, london jan, manchester city, manchester united, mario, old trafford, premier league, real madrid, ronaldo, striker, sun, tirade, wayne rooney, winger