Ron Washington Shows Pride For His RangersOctober 23rd, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was the best day for Texas Rangers manager, Ron Washington, as his team could finally make it to the World Series 2010, after defeating the New York Yankees on Friday. Now, since Texas Rangers would definitely be part of the world series, in a way it feels relieved. However, at the same time, it is also ready to take up the prospective pressure, as it has to fight against either the Philadelphia Philles or the San Francisco Giants, both of whom are quite strong competition.
Although it was a day for the Texas Rangers, winning the match was not really a cake walk for them, as the friction offered by their opponent was quite a tough one to handle. Ron Washington appraised Colby Lewis for his performance. He threw 103 pitches, which is the same number that he scored in the second game a week ago. But this time it was even better, as it lasted for eight innings, enabling only one run off three hits. He walked just three, striking out seven Yankees. He finished the game with 2-0 record. When he left the game in the eighth inning, he was revered with a huge round of applause by all the ranger fans in the stadium. Darren O’Day, the pitcher, did not pitch on Friday, but he was overwhelmed to see his team mates making it to the World Series. Ranger outfielder David Murphy, also played an amazing game, but somehow, he was overshadowed by the performance of Colby Lewis.
Ron Washington is extremely proud of his team and its spirit. He said that not even for once they thought that the game was on their side, especially because their opponents were the Yankees. That is the reason why they did not dare to bring their energy down and were constantly striving to get 27, all through out the game, which resulted in their victory.
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Edgar Renteria Attributes To Giants Game 2 Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers? - Jul 31, 2012
- Texas Rangers Makes Prosperous Offers To Cliff Lee - Dec 10, 2010
- San Francisco Giants Beats Texas Rangers, Takes 2-0 Lead In World Series - Oct 29, 2010
- MLB playoffs: Yankees thrash Detroit Tigers - Oct 05, 2011
- 2011 ALDS to kick off on Friday - Sep 30, 2011
- Outstanding Innings From Sabathia Gives Yankees 3-1 Lead - Oct 21, 2009
- Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Cardinals paint the town red with their World Series parade - Oct 31, 2011
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 03, 2011
- San Francisco Giants beat the Rangers to win the World Series - Nov 02, 2010
- Major league baseball playoffs: NY Yankees to face Detroit Tigers - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: applause, cake walk, colby, eighth inning, friction, kar, match, new york yankees, o day, opponent, opponents, outfielder, philadelphia philles, pitches, ranger fans, san francisco giants, second game, team mates, texas rangers, world series