Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primaryOctober 1st, 2010 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct.1 (ANI): Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin are the clear leaders of the 2012 Republican presidential primary field, according to a new Gallup poll released Thursday.
Romney and Palin were the only potential candidates to earn more than 15 percent in the poll, with Mike Huckabee trailing not far behind. The three former governors were the only candidates to receive more than 10 percent, with Romney receiving 19 percent, Palin getting 16 percent and Huckabee at 12 percent.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich came in fourth in the poll, getting 9 percent, reports Politico.
Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was the only other potential candidate in the field to get more than five percent, receiving seven percent in the poll.
Both Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour each got three percent in the poll.
The survey of 906 Republicans was conducted September 25-26 with a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points. (ANI)
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Lowans still looking for outstanding GOP contender ahead of Caucuses: Poll - Apr 30, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama's popularity rising, Palin's falling for 2012 Presidential elections: Poll - Dec 29, 2010
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: former house speaker newt gingrich, gallup poll released thursday, gop, gov tim pawlenty, governors, haley barbour, house speaker newt gingrich, margin of error, mike huckabee, minnesota gov tim pawlenty, mississippi, mitt romney, newt gingrich, percentage points, republicans, ron paul, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich, tim pawlenty