Rodgers eyes EPL titleJune 1st, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 1 (IANS) Brendan Rodgers has vowed to bring Liverpool back to the top in the English Premier League a day after being appointed the new manager of the renowned football club.
“It has been over 20 years since they won the title. We might not be ready for the title but the process begins today, it’s a new cycle, and that is something that we will work towards in the years to come,” the former Swansea manager told a news conference Friday.
The 39-year-old Rodgers took over the post after enjoying a successful season in Swansea. The Northern Irishman led the Wales based club to finish 11th in their first Premier League season, Xinhua reports.
Liverpool suffered a disappointing season with their eighth finish being their worst season-end position in nearly two decades. Although manager Kenny Dalglish managed to bring home the League Cup title as a consolation, his second spell in Anfield ended last month.
Liverpool spent big money last season on signing players such as Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, but the team failed to get the desired result.
- Liverpool unveil Rodgers as new manager - Jun 01, 2012
- Liverpool complete signing of Downing - Jul 16, 2011
- Liverpool manager Dalglish hails 'hat-trick hero' Rodriguez - Apr 24, 2011
- Dalglish eyeing to rebuild Liverpool to revive Premier League standing - Jan 17, 2011
- Liverpool sack manager Roy Hodgson, Dalglish returns - Jan 08, 2011
- Michael Laudrup appointed Swansea manager - Jun 15, 2012
- Dalglish agrees to become Liverpool's permanent manager - Apr 16, 2011
- Dalglish wants summer spending at Liverpool to mount genuine title chase - Apr 22, 2011
- Liverpool manager cuts short Asian tour to seal Downing deal - Jul 14, 2011
- Liverpool moving in right direction under King Kenny - Jan 18, 2011
- Liverpool planning radical overhaul of squad - Apr 24, 2011
- Liverpool all set to dump Joe Cole - Apr 25, 2011
- Gerrard returns as Liverpool fights back to beat Newcastle - Dec 31, 2011
- Dalglish given emotional treat by Liverpool fans - Mar 07, 2011
- Manchester City draw Liverpool to maintain lead in EPL - Nov 28, 2011