Robles to train in Spain ahead of OlympicsJune 26th, 2012 - 3:13 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, June 26 (IANS) Olympic champion and world record holder in the 110-meter hurdles, Dayron Robles, will train in Spain in the run-up to the London Olympics.
Trainer Santiago Antunez said Robles was recovering from a minor injury in his left leg and would meet up with fellow Cuban track and field Olympics competitors in the Spanish city of Guadalajara.
Robles, whose 12.98-second world record is the time to beat, heads Cuba’s 33-member track and field delegation, Xinhua reported.
“Dayron has been preparing very well,” Antunez told reporters, adding “We have completed 95 percent of the pre-Olympic training and will seek more intensity when in Europe.”
At the beginning of June, Robles, 25, sustained an injury that kept him out of Diamond League meet in New York June 9.
Robles was one of Cuba’s two gold medal winners at Beijing 2008 and is considered the island nation’s best hope for bringing back an Olympic gold medal from the London Games next month.
- Cuba expecting better show at London Olympics - Jul 19, 2012
- Liu Xiang equals men's 110m hurdles world record - Jun 03, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt hurdles to 110m gold for US - Aug 09, 2012
- Cuban hurdler Robles wants nothing but gold at London - Feb 09, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt a deserving 110m hurdles champion (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Star hurdler Liu Xiang wins Kawasaki meet - May 06, 2012
- Liu Xiang, Robles set for Birmingham showdown - Feb 10, 2012
- Latam nations aim for more medals at London Olympics - Jul 28, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- Isinbayeva breaks own indoor world record - Feb 24, 2012
- Cuba achieves historic performance in Paralympics - Sep 10, 2012
- Cuba's ex-world champion boxer dead - May 22, 2012
- Chinese hurdler Liu hints London Games his last - Feb 18, 2012
- 55 Indian sports trainers arrive in Cuba - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: 110 meter hurdles, antunez, beijing 2008, delegation, gold medal winners, guadalajara, havana, island nation, left leg, london games, london olympics, member track, olympic champion, olympic gold medal, olympic training, olympics, spanish city, track and field, world record holder, xinhua