Robinho urges Hughes to create Manchester City’s own ‘Fab Four’ by snapping Eto’oJune 24th, 2009 - 12:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 24 (ANI): Robinho has urged Manchester City boss Mark Hughes to snap up Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o and create club’s own Fab Four.
Roque Santa Cruz has already joined Robinho at Eastlands, making a 15 million pound move from Blackburn and Carlos Tevez will complete his 25 million pound switch across Manchester when he officially leaves United on July 1, The Sun reports.
Barcelona’s ace striker Eto’o has held talks with City officials, prompting Robinho to dream of boss Hughes completing a Fab Four strike force.
The Brazilian said: “If Eto’o comes too he will add even more talent to the squad. We need four top-quality forwards because the season is so tough in England. I hope the club keeps signing players with that quality. If so, we will be almost unbeatable.”
“A player like Santa Cruz is more than welcome and I’ve heard a deal for Carlos will be sorted very soon. That would be great because Tevez is a world-class talent and I would be happy to play alongside him. It is very good to know my club is going for top-quality players like these. Now I hope we can get Eto’o as well,” Robinho added.
Robinho believes Sparky needs four-class hit men at his disposal, even though it could lead to them all missing games.
“Is the club chasing too many strikers? No, I don’t think so - Manchester City wants to be among the top teams in the Premier League and in Europe. To do that they must have at least three or maybe four top-quality strikers,” he said.
“The season in England, with the league and the cups, all the games we play are very demanding. But I’m not scared of the competition. If Santa Cruz and Eto’o come to City, they are talented players and I will work as always to make sure of my spot in the team,” Robinho said. (ANI)
- Manchester City's millions make them a threat to big four - Jul 09, 2009
- Robinho is not hiding his desire to play for Barcelona: Santa Cruz - Nov 19, 2009
- Eto'o asks UEFA to reconsider Anzhi ban - Jul 16, 2012
- Eto'o rejects Cameroon's invite - Aug 28, 2012
- Man City to complete megabucks deals this week - Jun 28, 2009
- Manchester City suspend Tevez for defying manager - Sep 29, 2011
- Cameroon captain Eto'o banned for 15 matches - Dec 17, 2011
- Jozy Altidore confident about Anzhi clash - Aug 20, 2012
- Tevez off to Corinthians - Jul 18, 2011
- Roberto Carlos dropped from Anzhi Makhachkala squad - Mar 10, 2012
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Tevez to sue Mancini after Manchester City fine - Oct 26, 2011
- Man City has made ex-Man U striker Tevez great, says coach Mancini - Apr 15, 2010
- 'Homesick' Tevez 'could give up everything' to return to Argentina - Oct 27, 2010
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: blackburn, carlos tevez, city boss, city officials, eastlands, fab four, forwards, hit men, manchester city, mark hughes, premier league, quality players, robinho, roque santa cruz, samuel eto o, sparky, strike force, striker, strikers, talented players