Robinho has lost faith in Manchester City ability to deliverJanuary 21st, 2009 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.21 (ANI): Gutted by Kakas decision not to join him at Manchester City from A C Milan, Brazilian football player Robinho has lost faith in the clubs ability to deliver on promises made to him by the club. Agents are also understood to be working on behalf of Robinho to pursue ways of getting him a move before the transfer window closes.
According to The Sun, such is his determination to quit, that Robinho would be willing to cite a breakdown in his relationship with City boss Mark Hughes as just sporting cause a ruling which would enable him to leave.
The Brazilian insists his communication with the City boss is minimal.
On Monday, he was refused permission to go to Brazil, but still left the clubs training camp.
However, a statement on the players website claimed there had been a lack of communication somewhere.
Robinho arrived in Santos yesterday, but last night promised Hughes he will meet the squad when they return to Manchester on Friday. He insisted: I have come here to resolve some personal issues including a passport for my son Robson.
But City chief executive Garry Cook insisted the 32.5m pound striker was in breach of club discipline. (ANI)
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- Robinho begs Manchester City to let him quit - Jul 30, 2010
- Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho - Apr 14, 2012
- City striker Robinho loaned to Santos for six months - Jan 29, 2010
- Ronaldinho in Brazil squad, Kaka out - Feb 15, 2012
- Robinho decides to quit Manchester City to rejoin Santos - Jan 25, 2010
- Chelsea set to pip Manchester City to sign Neymar - Mar 21, 2010
- Mancini warns Robinho to earn his place at Man City - Jan 16, 2010
- Robinho expected to return to Santos from AC Milan - Mar 23, 2012
- Kaka accuses Manchester City of being clueless and confused - Jan 22, 2009
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Manchester City's Robinho seeks Santos stay - Aug 06, 2010
- After charity bash snub, Robinho's City future looks bleak - Dec 13, 2009
Tags: 5m, brazilian football, breach, chief executive, city boss, city chief, discipline, football player, jan 21, lack of communication, london jan, manchester city, mark hughes, milan, passport, personal issues, robinho, robson, striker, training camp