Rishika sails into ITF tournament’s second roundJune 20th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) India’s Rishika Sunkara breezed past Anastasiya Prenko of Turkmenistan 6-3, 6-3 to enter the second round of the $10,000 ITF women’s tournament at the DLTA complex here Monday.
Rishika now plays the winner of the match between third-seeded Nadia Abdala and Belgium qualifier Desiree Bastianon.
However, Indian wildcard Shweta Rana failed to pose a challenge to Poland’s Joanna
Nalborska, going down 4-6, 1-6 in the first round.
So did another Indian wildcard, Zainab Ali Sajjad, who was shown the door by fifth seed
Stephanie Scimone, winning 6-3, 6-3.
In the other first round match, South Korea’s Jung-Yoon Shin had it easy against China’s Sirui He, beating her 6-1, 6-3.
- Rushmi shocked, Ratnika rallies to beat Ashvarya in ITF tourney - Jun 21, 2011
- Rutuja in ITF women's quarterfinals - Jun 22, 2011
- Ratnika upsets fifth seed Scimone in ITF tournament - Jun 14, 2011
- Rutuja beats Ratnika to enter ITF tournament quarters - Jun 15, 2011
- Ashvarya, Ankita advance on day one of ITF women - Jun 13, 2011
- Prerna upsets Rushmi in Delhi ITF - May 10, 2011
- Indians bow out in first round of QNet women's championship - Mar 19, 2012
- Naik, Raina advance in Asian Junior Championships - May 24, 2010
- Prerna lone Indian in ITF semifinals - Jun 16, 2011
- Prerna, Ratnika in ITF semis - Jun 23, 2011
- Three Indians make main draw in ITF Open - Mar 18, 2012
- Sunkara lone Indian survivor in Asian girls singles - May 27, 2010
- Indian challenge ends in ITF tennis - Mar 07, 2012
- Sanaa, Rushmi reach ITF tournament semi-finals - Sep 17, 2009
- Tough draw for Indians at ITF women's tennis championship - Mar 17, 2012